Beginning August 2021, Kontiki Expeditions introduces a safe and distinctive vacation alternative for exploring Ecuador by sea. Kontiki Expedition’s 128-foot private yacht M/S Wayra will set forth on an exploration of the seldom-visited Ecuadorian coast, allowing for a rich cultural adventure and exclusive voyage while adhering to a “neo luxury philosophy” of sustainability and giving back to communities visited. The new yacht is available for charter for up to 18 guests with nine luxurious staterooms and a wealth of onboard amenities. Kontiki Expeditions is the first water-based member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
Guests can expect personalized service throughout the voyage, from a handcrafted cocktail to a bespoke excursion to the final turndown at the end of the day. A personalized itinerary allows for new experiences to meet guests’ interests in wellness, relaxation, gastronomy, adventure and more.
Seven Reasons to Charter the Private Kontiki M/S Wayra This Year
1. Experience the freedom of an uncrowded, customized vacation. Leave the crowds and travel with your own “bubble” in your own private setting. An itinerary customized around your personal interests leads to new discoveries and lasting memories, all created “your way.”
2. Experience the pampering of a dedicated crew. The nearly 1:1 crew: guest ratio, combined with Kontiki’s intimate yacht atmosphere, ensures a high level of care and attention. Unpacking your luggage, keeping your stateroom immaculate, cooking gourmet meals to your taste, and customizing the holiday experience down to the tiniest detail are all part of the personalized, luxury yacht charter experience.
3. Immerse yourself in the Ecuadorian culture under the tutelage of your own crew and guides, at a pace that you determine.
4. Size makes a difference. Inaccessible to larger ships, Kontiki Expeditions docks in remote ports where locals invite you to share their culture, cuisine and indigenous flora and fauna. Island and inland areas are yours to explore where blue-footed boobies, howler monkeys, cuzumbos, silver rays and hummingbirds abound.
5. Safety and attention are paramount on a private yacht, where your every concern is attended to. Health precautions are paramount for Kontiki Expeditions. The small group size allows for advance counsel and adherence to health protocols before boarding, on land and at sea. The Safe Travels accreditation by WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council) has been achieved for all sailings.
6. Adherence to sustainability is a guarantee when size is controlled. Smaller vessels eliminate overtourism and allow navigation without disruption to the sensitive Ecuadorian waters and ecosystems. Environmental protection guidelines are strictly followed on Kontiki’s small yacht, and giving back to the communities visited is a priority.
7. Importantly, privacy, luxury and safety ensure a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere, with an ultimate goal of a memorable holiday.
The first water-based member of Small Luxury Hotels, Kontiki Expeditions are pioneers in conscious luxury travel, offering immersive and sustainable small-yacht expeditions. Sailing the untouristed Ecuadorian coast, the nine-stateroom Kontiki yachts introduce a maximum of 18 guests to the richesse of the land and sea.
On-board crew include a local chef, naturalist and wellness experts. Multi-stop itineraries feature hiking, snorkeling, meetings with locals, in-depth cultural explorations, wellness activities and gastronomy. Kontiki Expeditions travelers experience the country’s biodiversity – including its famous blue-footed boobies and howler monkeys — all in a protected environment where sustainability and uncrowded venues are paramount. Kontiki prides itself in giving back to the communities visited with resources and education.