Azamara, the small-ship cruise line renowned for Destination Immersion® and Extended Destination Days, is ushering in a new era of exploration with its Grand Voyages. These longer sailings spend more time in port and include added amenities, like airfare and up to $1,200 in shore excursion credits.
New Grand Voyages
Azamara guests will become grand voyagers as they embark on extended journeys that cross continents, taking them from destinations such as the isolated island of Tasmania, known for its extensive natural attractions, to Niigata, Japan’s largest producer of rice, all while enjoying the comfort of Azamara’s intimate ships.
“Over the past few years, we’ve seen more of our guests opting for longer itineraries and back-to-back sailings,” said Carol Cabezas, President of Azamara. “In response to this increasing demand for prolonged travel, we’ve created Grand Voyages to encourage our guests to travel farther and delve even deeper into the rich tapestry of cultures, cuisines, and traditions that make up our world. Our ships will be their home away from home as they travel from South Africa to Portugal, or from Japan to Greece, creating meaningful memories along the way.”
Each Grand Voyage offers Extended Destination Days, providing 10 or more hours in port including late and overnight stays. With some itineraries featuring more than 30 Extended Destination Days, travelers will have ample time to explore each place they visit in depth, whether it’s Copenhagen, the city with the most Michelin-starred restaurants in Scandinavia, or Cape Town, home to the majestic Table Mountain and a gateway to the expansive Cape Winelands.
Azamara’s Grand Voyages are enhanced with added amenities: complimentary economy class air, up to $1,200 in shore excursion credits, an upgraded premium beverage package, Wi-Fi for two devices, and weekly laundry service. This is in addition to what is included on every sailing with Always Azamara: five dining options, beverages including alcohol 24/7, tips and gratuities, exclusive cultural events, and unlimited self-service laundry.
Azamara’s 11 Grand Voyages for 2024 and 2025 are:
- 37-Night South Africa to Portugal Grand Voyage on Azamara Pursuit, departing February 8, 2024
- 41-Night Japan to Greece Grand Voyage on Azamara Journey, departing April 18, 2024
- 35-Night Europe Grand Voyage on Azamara Quest, departing May 18, 2024
- 46-Night Denmark to Spain Grand Voyage on Azamara Onward, departing August 11, 2024
- 59-Night Norway to Italy Grand Voyage on Azamara Quest, departing August 12, 2024
- 62-Night Venice to Cape Town Grand Voyage on Azamara Quest, departing October 19, 2024
- 70-Night Greece to Australia Grand Voyage on Azamara Pursuit, departing October 26, 2024
- 62-Night New Zealand to Japan Grand Voyage on Azamara Pursuit, departing February 3, 2025
- 69-Night Japan to Greece Grand Voyage on Azamara Pursuit, departing April 6, 2025
- 61-Night South Africa to Italy Grand Voyage on Azamara Quest, departing February 9, 2025
- 39-Night Canada to UK Grand Voyage on Azamara Quest, departing August 5, 2025
Get To Know Azamara
Azamara is a small-ship cruise line and leader in Destination Immersion® experiences. With a fleet of four intimate-style ships, Azamara Journey®, Azamara Quest®, Azamara Pursuit®, and Azamara Onward, the cruise line allows travelers to reach marquee ports around the world and dock in smaller, hidden gem destinations.
Azamara aims to Change the Way You Sea, through its commitment to creating immersive experiences for guests through Extended Destination Days (10 or more hours in port) for a more meaningful travel experience. Through their deep understanding of hospitality and commitment to delivering exceptional service, guests can experience an intimate hotel at sea. By leveraging technology, data, communications, and trained staff they strive to create personalized and memorable journeys for guests.
Through Always Azamara guests can know what’s always included; five dining options, beverages including alcohol 24/7, tips & gratuities, exclusive cultural events, and unlimited self-service laundry; and what is always expected when sailing with Azamara; no lines, no crowds, unique & iconic destinations, overnights and Extended Destination Days. Additionally, guests can also take advantage of exclusive loyalty membership benefits through the Azamara Circle Program.
To book an Azamara Grand Voyage, please visit www.azamara.com/grand-voyages.