A day in Simon"s life

C

conniecat

[size=x-large]I woke up at 5 this morning. I stretched, and rolled over. And stared right into the beautiful blue eyes of the kitten. He was sleepin on my other pillow. He stretched, and put both paws on my face. We both went back to sleep. The alarm went off a little over an hour later. He was still there, and as I went to get up, he took off like a shot. Sometimes he forgets he is safe here now, and the wild side takes over. He runs and won't let me touch him.

He still resorts to hissing at things that startle him. Like for instance, yesterday it was raining, so when I came home I put my shoes by the heater vent to dry off. He came running into the bedroom, and saw the shoes where there had been none before, so he had to stop and hiss at them.

The other day, he jumped on the tub while I was soaking. He had to hiss at the dreaded soap bubbles. Just before he fell in. I was so worried about him, because I had not yet turned on the furnace, and it was chilly in my bedroom. I knew a wet kitten in the cold could get sick, so I hauled myself out of the my beautiful hot soak, and went kitten chasing. He was sitting in the middle of the room, perfectly dry. That's how fast he exited the tub, never even got wet!

I think he knows he still gets the medicine dropper morning and evening, so he managed to evade me while I got dressed. I went into the kitchen to take my morning pills, and give the cats their morning treats. Maxie was on the table, as always, first. All the treats in the house belong to him, in his opinion. If the others eat them, they will just grow bigger and he doesn't want that.

Simon sat back, just out of arms reach, but really skittish just in case I might reach for him. Now, Scooter is my big old clumsy cat. He decide to join us on the table, but he misjudged the jump and went too high, so he landed with a thud. This startled Simon, who jumped 3 feet straight up in the air, knocking over the wooden bowl of fruit (inherited from Mom who loved those things). Wooden fruit went everywhere, hitting Maxie who jumped 3 feet into the air, coming down on my pill box, knocking the treats and everything left on the table off. At the same time, Scooter, not realizing he caused this, also jumped 3 feet straight up in the air, coming down on the tops of the two wooden chairs, which promptly fell over with a crash, further scaring one of them, (I lost track by this time), who flew into the living room, knocking the lamp table and the lamp off. Now keep in mind this all took place within about 5 seconds. Leaving me sitting by myself at the table, reviewing the wreckage of my home.

This left Simon a little shell shocked, so he hid until I left. And then I came home bearing gifts and had to lure him out.

The gifts--a dear friend decided I needed a "new kitten" shower, so she sent me a nice gift, with instructions to buy the cats whatever I needed for a new baby, plus food and treats and toys. Which I did! I have given a big round of thanks. The cats get the goodies, and I got to shop!

We got a month's supply of Pounce and Temptations. A month supply of Purina One. A new carrier for the kitten, toys and a cat condo. Maxie's favorite place in the house is his blue cat condo. It sits in front of the window looking out onto the porch. It is his scratching post, and hidden sleeping place. Of course, Simon decided he wanted it, so to avoid a fight, Simon got one too. Right now they are side by side, I might move one to another window.
(Scooter's favorite place is a round basket that sits, of all places, on my coffee table, He doesn't like the condo.)

So. out came the camera, and here are photos of Simon with some of his new things. Scooter took one of the toys and Maxie had to try out the new condo. Simon played and then wore out and slept. He is a such a sweetie![/size]

P

popcorn

Thanks for telling us a tale of three cats on a Saturday afternoon. They sure keep you hopping!

Liz

B

BostonsJ

Oh so cute and all three must really be funny to watch. I can remember when I still had my two girls and poor Killian always got the short end,,,sighhhhhhh and a few times that chain reaction started and no one could remember what happened to start it but I was breaking up a dog fight and Killian would just take off. I really miss my girls, Killian is quite spoiled now.

G

GloBug

Yup, life with a kitten is load of fun. How nice to wake up face to face with him. Wait until he's bigger and he wraps his body around your head while you both sleep.

K

kpopperwell

I just love the cat tales. You are a story teller as well as a photographer. Thanks for sharing

S

ShipMaven

I'm sitting here chuckling at the chaos of 3 jumping cats and the chain reaction of "damage". =lolgang

Well, Simon certain looks no worse for wear after his procedures. Whew.

Sounds like all three made out like bandits. Fun day for the furbabies and their Mommy. :thumb

The photos - as always - are precious.

C

Calgon1

To keep him busy (and you entertained) ...

A laser. I guarantee you'll laugh so hard you'll dribble!

C

conniecat

I used to have one of those lasers. The dollar store by us sold them, I bought them by the handfull, because it was cheaper than replacing the batteries. They got lost when I moved, and the dollar store closed, I need to find some more. The cats do love them!

and, yes, Mary Ann, you would never know he just had surgery. I am still supposed to be keeping him quiet. You can see how well that is going. He got startled yesterday, and hit his paw against the chair. He limped for a while after that, but you would never know now. I had him confined to my room because I didn't think he could get up on my bed. I have trouble climbing in it, it is so high. But, he managed somehow. I just gave up, he has the run of the house!

S

ShipMaven

It is such a joy to see those photos, Connie. Talk about going from rags to riches - little Simon certainly scored the jackpot when he adopted you! :thumb

Pucci's a high jumper, too. When he was given to me as a gift after Topaz crossed over Rainbow Bridge, the Vet recommended I get a playpen to put him in. He was 12 weeks old when I brought him home. The playpen was 36" high - I put him in there, and Pucci promptly jumped over and out as if nothing was there. So much for the playpen!

R

reggae

Really cute cc, I love the picture where Simon is getting bathed by his big brother :)

N

nieciez

CC I love to hear your tales of three kitties :lol and the pics are just precious...thanks for sharing once again.

L

lady-bug

Sounds like you have a 3 ring circus there.....:lol

thanks for sharing your day and pics with us!....