Advise needed on NCL Encore Alaska cruise room type and transportation

wate49

Hi fellow travelers and a happy 2024!

I will be going on an Alaska cruise by NCL Encore in October 2024 with my mother who requires her electric scooter to move around and am planning to visit Toronto for a week thereafter and have the following questions:

• I will be leaving from Thailand and will get to Seattle a day before the cruise. Which hotel is the most convenient to walk or scoot to the terminal?
  • I am planning to rent a car from the airport and drop off near the hotel at the port the next day as I will have a day to do some sightseeing. As my mom will need her scooter to move around, renting a van and not use public transportation would fit this purpose. Any recommendation which car rental company has a drop off location near the port?
  • There will be 6 of us on the cruise, I have booked 2 club balcony connecting rooms, 3 for each room. I am thinking about upgrading to the 2 bedroom Haven suite but it costs 50% more. I am considering this as the whole experience would be more comfortable for mom, e.g. embarkation, disembarkation, more private space, room service, etc. Is the Haven suite worth it?
  • According to the schedule, the NCL Encore will get to Seattle port at 6 am. And the only direct flight to Toronto leaves at 11:30am. Will Ibe able to make it to my flight? Any tips on the quickest way to disembark and transport to the Seattle airport?
  • Other alternatives if #1 is impossible is to take an afternoon flight transiting in Vancouver for 1.40 hours. If I took this connecting flight in Vancouver, will I need to clear immigration in Vancouver or will I clear immigration at the destination airport, Toronto? If I need to clear immigration in Vancouver, 1.40 hours might not be sufficient.

• This will be our first time cruising so quite a few questions there. Any tips or suggestions would help a lot.

• Thanks and have a great 2024!
  • Watee

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Your specifics are quite complicated. I'm wondered if you considered a Travel AGent.