Amsterdam 14 day Alaskan Explorer Cruise 6/29/2012 Shore Excursions?

Judi

Environmental Compliance Officer
Has anyone looked at shore excursions for this cruise? I know it's still six months away, but I like to investigate shore excursions ahead of them....makes it seem closer. :)

ShipMaven

Forever Remembered
To be honest, not yet, Sis.

J.E. M.

Staff Captain
We are planning on doing at least two tours, a whale watching tour, and the Butchart & Butterfly Gardens tour booked through Holland.

ShipMaven

Forever Remembered
We are planning on doing at least two tours, a whale watching tour, and the Butchart & Butterfly Gardens tour booked through Holland.

Jim - the whale watching tour in Juneau is great, as are Butchart Gardens /Butterfly Gardens in Victoria. Can't go wrong with either.

audrey

Staff Captain
I know we are doing the duck ride in Ketchikan and in juneau we are going to just walk around since these are the two ports we have been to already. I am planning a fishing trip for DH in Homer.
I have looked at the ship excursions and am going to sit down with dh in march. Since we have not been to the other ports I am open to ideas. We have been to victoria a few times both on cruises and land cruises. So I expect we will just walk around there also. .

ShipMaven

Forever Remembered
The question has come up why the shore excursions for Anchorage on our cruise show "In Transit". It means that any excursion so marked MAY be booked. Keep in mind that Anchorage (Seward) is a turnaround point for one-way cruises, whereas Anchorage itself is a port of call on our cruise.