Baby Shower gift

R

reggae

If any of you have a baby shower coming up, and if you are looking for a unique gift idea.....

I was doing some photo sorting, and came across this picture I took from our local fair, and this was one of the prize winners. I thought it was a good idea and so cute! I'm going to try to make one next time I get invited to a baby shower...

DSC00871.jpg

W

Whimsy

That is very cute but I don't have the talent to create something like that. A pretty bag is so much easier for me!

M

MARIPOSA

Very cute indeed. Sometimes I wander into the baby section of our drug store and wish I could just buy a couple of the things that I see to tuck away for the next baby shower I'm invited to. Such a nice assortment. I would add one of those 'ear thermometers'and a bottle of that lovely smelling lavendar night time soothing lotion. A nice big bottle of Tylenol for the Dad would add a nice touch to the package. LOL

Hugs, Mariposa

C

conniecat

The last couple baby gifts I have given have come, from of all polaces, Big Lots. I wander up and down their aisles, just picking up little unusual things. The last woman who got my gift had received dozens of other gifts, but she said mine had the most unusual things in it. Like a blanket that is satin and only about 12x 12. The baby loved it, carried it until it went to her new little sister. I found a similar one for her, too. Really cute shoes, hair ribbons, t-shirt, just lots of little things to put in a bag. It was fun for me, too.

J

janes

I made one of these "diaper cakes" for my daughter in laws baby shower this past summer, and it was the hit of the shower. She loved it so much, she didn't want to take it apart. The best thing about it is that everything is usable for the new baby!!! I also make towel cakes for wedding showers that are also great door prizes at the shower. You have a whole set of toewls to use after the shower is over. They look hard to make, but actually, they are more time consuming than they are hard.

D

Donna - dsw

Very cute -

Also my step daughter had a "Wedding Cake" made out of bath towels for her shower. I found the ideal and her mother (the crafty one) made it - - I will try and find a photo - it was cute and she said very easy to make.

Here is a website with the directions.

http://www.thinkwedding.com/Art-Wedding_Towel_Cake.htm

If you just do a "Goggle Search" on "Wedding Cake Towel" you get plenty of choice and views.

J

janes

reggae,
I am trying to locate some pictures to post of my towel cakes and diaper cakes. My sister in law has all of them, so it may take a few days to get them. I will post them when I get them from her.