Caribbean Princess 9/18/04

J

joenkel

Anyone on Cruise-addicts going on this cruise to the Eastern Caribbean? Looking forward to cruising for 3 full days.

S

shrimpmama

We will be joining you on the cruise to the Eastern Caribbean on the Caribbean Princess. We have watched this beautiful ship leave the port, as we live near the port, so are excited about actually being on it. Last year cruised on the Grand Princess to the Eastern Caribbean and enjoyed the ports very much. Looking forward to going back and seeing new things this year.
Happy Cruising!!

2001 Majesty of the Seas- RCCL
2002 Explorer of the Seas-RCCL
2003 Grand Princess- Princess
2003 Explorer of the Seas- RCCL
2004 Dawn Princess-Princess
2004 Caribbean Princess- Princess

F

fig414

Hi
My wife and I are in. We just had to cancel our cruise leaving this Saturday.
We are mid 40's from Long Island and this is our first Princess after 3 Carnivals.
Fig

J

joenkel

Hi fig and shrimpmama,

Glad to hear from other fellow cruisers that will be on the ship. I think we are on deck 10 in the stern. We booked over 2 months again and can't quite remember where the cabin is. Then again, who cares if you are on the ship. Should be great. I have seen plenty of pictures of the ship and can't wait to get onboard.

This will be my second cruise and my wife's third cruise. Last years cruise to the western caribbean was wonderful. I am recently SCUBA certified so if anyone is a diver let me know. After going to sting ray city in Grand Cayman I needed to be scuba certified for my cruise this year.

Shrimpmama, I wish I lived near a port as well, I would be going on about 2 or more cruises every year. The only thing that keeps me going in the summertime is that I have a small boat and boat on the lovely Potomac River just south of Washington DC.

Fig, Nice to hear from a fellow Long Islander. Lived there most of my life (Oyster Bay area). Moved away in 1995 and miss it. Wish to move to Florida and spend my days soaking in the sun most of the year. DC is just not far south enough.

S

shrimpmama

Hi Joenkel and Fig
So nice to be in touch with a few of our fellow cruisers.. Doesn't it seem like it takes forever for this cruise to get here?? :) I have my cruise closet about full already.. and would have no problem in getting on the ship tomorrow!! LOL We are so excited about taking this ship.. and also to meet some of our 'new friends' who will be cruising also.
I think so much of the cruise experience is the anticipation time before you go.. the meeting of new people, the reviews and the shopping, planning etc.

Has anyone decided on things to do for excursions?? We are very into the ocean and snorkeling etc.. Do not dive.. but sure have spent many hours on top of the water. LOL

Keep in touch.. let us know when and what you have decided to do for excursions.

K/G

J

joenkel

In case anyone is wondering why this thread is dead is beyond me. You can find a bunch of people on this cruise over at cruisemates.com and cruisecritic.com. I believe there is something like 30couples between the two sites. So if you are on this cruise come on over to the other sites and join us. Ages so far on the sites is from the 20s to the 60s from the ones I know ages of. All are welcome to join the thread. We have a meet and greet scheduled after the muster drill at the Lido deck pool. See you there.

L

Lynne and Trevor

Hi Fellow Cruisers,
I want to welcome those of you who haven't been with us over on the other 2 boards. I just wandered into this site tonight right before I was ready to turn in and found this thread.Thanks so much, Joe, for relaying the information.
One of our group is compiling a manifest of names of those who check in and is making up nametags for us for when we meet after the muster drill. RichArch (Rich) is active on the other two boards as well and will be anxious to hear from you if you want to be included in our get-together to know our group. I believe he has about 48 names or so at this point.

Since I came into this forum tonight, I'm now registered on all 3 sites. My name on one is lynwar. The CM board is the same as this one.

So, welcome, and, hello Fig!

Goodnight for now. Lynne