Caribbean Princess, coffee

B

bunny101

will be on the Caribbean Princess in November. Is the COFFEE as bad as everyone is saying it is??

A

Al

When are you sailing? I'm booked on the 11/13 cruise.

The coffee in the dining rooms is fine. It's actually made from ground beans, as opposed to that syrup used elsewhere (including room service). They reduce vats of ground coffee to the consistency of molasses, then reconstitute it (sort of like Tasters' Choice on steroids). I like drinking really good stuff, and have finally decided to include a coffeemaker on my list of necessities. Black & Decker makes this great Brew n' Go thing (brews coffee directly into an insulated mug in about a minute). I picked it up at Target for under $10, including an additional mug. It's ideal for cruising - no glass to worry about, no warming element, automatic shutoff, permanent filter, very compact, quick brewing - and for $9.77 -- such a deal! When I order a little something to tide me over until breakfast, I'll request that room service include some cream - I just love it when a plan comes together.

Good to the last drop .... Have a great cruise!

B

bunny101

Thank you Al. We will also be on the November 13 cruise. This will be our FIRST cruise and really looking forward to it.

I have a travel coffee pot which I will now pack. Wasn't going to, I thought the coffee would be a good as everyone tells me the food is. GUESS NOT!! We need that good cup of coffee first thing in the morning.

Thank you for your response.

See you in November....

A

Al

No problem - that's what we do here. Incidentally, there's a huge thread on Cruise Critic for our sailing (about 80 posters, probably a crowd close to 200). If you haven't done so already, take a peek. Feel free to e-mail me if you havre any questions or concerns. It's cruise #21 for me, so I may be able to help. See you on board ....

B

bunny101

WOW, 21 CRUISES.....
GUESS IT'S TRUE WHEN PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN ON A CRUISE TELL ME, I'LL BE HOOKED....

WE ARE CRUISING WITH 14 FRIENDS. HALF HAVE CRUISED BEFORE. THEY TELL ME HOW WONDERFUL IT IS, BUT I CAN'T IMAGINE.. CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT FOR MYSELF...

WE'LL BE ON CARIBE DECK...

S

Snowblower

Main dining rooms the coffee is good, all other places it sucks!!! Don't know why they don't serve the same stuff everywhere on the ship.

B

bunny101

Thank you Snowblower,

Isn't it strange that the food is supposely so wonderful, and the coffee is so Horrible....
Guess they just don't care about us "coffee addicts" lol

However, if coffee's the only fault the ship has, I can live with it. Just bring my own "brew"

A

Al

Bunny - here's the link to that "other" message board:

<http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=26347>

It's already about 13 pages long, and there's lots of back-and-forth banter. But these folks are just as thrilled to be cruising, and the excitement is contageous. There's some really good information there, although you might have to ferret it out. Let your gang know, and join in the festivities.

The reason for the two types of coffee is simple: at meals, it can be brewed as in a restaurant. During the other times, however, demand for coffee varies - and you know how warmed-over ground stuff tastes. Syrup doesn't produce that burned flavor - just consistently lousy coffee; but it's the best thing available.

Now that the problem has been solved, we can concentrate on bigger and better things - as in counting the days!

B

bunny101

thanks for the "site" i've been there before and very interesting....

I agree, enough Coffee talk.. It's been Solved! lol

LET THE COUNT DOWN BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!