cc/BJ klutz syndrome strikes again!

C

conniecat

[size=large]Well, I nearly killed us all. I set my new stove to self clean, then went into the living room to watch TV and eat dinner. Suddenly, all my smoke alarms went off, sending cats flying everywhere. I looked in the kitchen, and couldn't find it for all the smoke. turned off the stove, turned on the exhause fan and then tried to get the alarms off. Scooter was gone into hiding, Max and Simon followed me to my room, which was fairly clear.

I turned on the air cleaner in there and the fan, but the cats wouldn't stay there without me. Went back into the kitchen, and nearly choked to death. Out to the porch for a quick few breaths of air (29 degrees out there). I had all the fans going, they exhaust fan in the guest room, a small fan pointing out the front door and it still kept coming. Finally ended up stuffing a throw rug down the stove vent and stopped it coming. It took forever to clean it out in here. I had to keep running outside to breathe. Maxie howled at the top of his lungs the whole time, I had to take him out on the porch, too.[/size]

P

popcorn

Oh my!! That would jump start your vitals! Poor Simon! First you put him through the indignities at the vets, then you set off the alarms and scare them all - plus yourself! Can't wait to see what Boston J does to equal this!!!!

Liz

C

conniecat

I don't know what happened to the rest of the post, only half of it posted. I just went on to say that it took 2 cans of Nutra Air, and fabric refresher, we finally got the smoke out, but the smell lingers. I even noticed it at our bible study, my coat smelled like smoke. Others noticed, lol.

The cats seem to be Ok, Maxie finally shut up, and Scooter reappeared none the worse for wear. I am paying with sinuses and lungs, but on the whole we are alive. I almost called the fire dept to use their smoke-getter-outer, but it was too embarassing.
Never did figure out what started it.

Yes, Liz, the cats are all upset with me, except Simon seemed really to take it in stride, tho. "They do things funny in this house.", he says. Bj, don't take this as a challenge!

K

kpopperwell

Glad to hear you are ok and the cats too. Let's hope that no one else gets hit by the klutz bug.

B

BostonsJ

Ohh Connie first I am glad you are OK and the kitties too. ANd pleeaaaaaaaaaasssssssseeeeeeeeee don't even ask me to try anything like that right now. I have done that with my oven and boy it really does a number on the ceilings and everything smells of smoke let alone how you breathe it all in. You need to sit down and not try to do anything girlie! I slammed my pinkie on Thursday night in the washer. The lid came down ontop of it and it was stuck in there. LOL That was enough thank you very much!

And the smoke getter outer is called a positive pressure ventilation. roflmbo

C

conniecat

Er, I was just afraid to use the technical term in case someone didn't understand it, (anyone buying that?).

Sorry about your finger. So, maybe you started this one, lol, Take care,

G

GloBug

OUCH! Gees, both of you need to watch it.

CC, scary scary scary. Glad you didn't leave the house!

BJ, that must have hurt like he..ck! Did you feel stupid?? LOL.

I drove my daughter's car the other day, and it's a bit different then mine. I got out, stood there and shut the door. Only the sharp corner of the door hit my jaw. It hurt in that one spot for DAYS!!! ok, 2 weeks. Ouch ouch ouch.

B

BostonsJ

Oh boy I guess you too must join the club Glo. LOL I have also done that with the door on Mike's car. rofl. And yes I felt really stupid because I was hurrying and had just reached in with one hand and then hit the lid with my other and boom. Now I am dancing around saying very nasty words, it was either that or pass out because it caught the tip of my pinky slam!!! ooooowwwwwwieeeeeee.

Connie, I was on the phone with my daughter. I said Audra I have to buy Mike a birthday gift I leave for Boston on his birthday and he turns 60. He turned and looked at me and said what? First of all you don't even know the day of my birthday and I'm not 60 yet.

So I said give me your wallet. He said no. Then I realized his birthday is the 18th I do this every year. So he was making the coffee and I went up behind him to swipe his wallet. He grabbed his back pocket and I was trying to get his hand off his pocket and he wouldn't let go so I body chucked him up against the cabinet. He slammed his head it was loud ya know all that hollow. roflmbo

Now we are both laughing so hard and he can't do a thing because he is laughing and I am too. So I finally ask are you OK? He says as soon as the bleeding stops I will be. He really conked his head. So now we are wrestling around the kitchen and of course I won because I don't fight fair. :devil

He is 6 foot 8 and tips over easy . I'm 5foot 4 and have weight on my side! rofl. But he turns 59 not 60 I finally found out. =lolgang