Celebrity cruise Warning

Dave B

I have given Celebrity Cruise Lines four months and 21 days notice that I cannot go on my booked cruise due to a marital breakup. While realizing there may be a cancellation fee, they are keeping all $2200 paid. I have gone on many cruises with Celebrity, around 10, and I expected them to at least give me a credit for future use! These pirates said they are keeping the entire deposit even though they have almost 5 months to resell one of the top cabins in the Retreat....an easy sell. I am disgusted with these profiteering fools, they disgust me! At their prices customers have an opportunity to save on almost any other cruise line. Be warned, beware the fine print and you will be dealinf with scum!!

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Something for sure off with this. Well before final payment date ..so there is that> I wonder if you used a TA.??

George C

Staff Captain
Need cruise insurance, I have a royal suite on Celebrity on a music charter it clearly states no refunds, we always get insurance for these cruises.

sptrout

Shore Excursion Manager
I agree with George C that cruise insurance is your best hope assuming that you bought it this far in advance. "No Refund Deposits" are an easy scam for the cruise lines. They keep your deposit money and many times can easily resell your now empty cabin for much more than what you contracted for. Not much to do now since you agreed to their terms when you booked the "no refund" deposit. Always read the fine print although no refund of deposits are not really fine print; they slap you in the face with it during booking. Now, if you did use a TA and they did not mention this detail, then they are the ones that you should be mad at IMO.

Jcar

Lecturer
I have given Celebrity Cruise Lines four months and 21 days notice that I cannot go on my booked cruise due to a marital breakup. While realizing there may be a cancellation fee, they are keeping all $2200 paid. I have gone on many cruises with Celebrity, around 10, and I expected them to at least give me a credit for future use! These pirates said they are keeping the entire deposit even though they have almost 5 months to resell one of the top cabins in the Retreat....an easy sell. I am disgusted with these profiteering fools, they disgust me! At their prices customers have an opportunity to save on almost any other cruise line. Be warned, beware the fine print and you will be dealinf with scum!!
Sounds like poor business management to me. It kills you doing anything in the future with them and they will sell the cabin rather quickly. A cancel fee then giving the balance in a future credit would be fair I believe.

George C

Staff Captain
I agree with George C that cruise insurance is your best hope assuming that you bought it this far in advance. "No Refund Deposits" are an easy scam for the cruise lines. They keep your deposit money and many times can easily resell your now empty cabin for much more than what you contracted for. Not much to do now since you agreed to their terms when you booked the "no refund" deposit. Always read the fine print although no refund of deposits are not really fine print; they slap you in the face with it during booking. Now, if you did use a TA and they did not mention this detail, then they are the ones that you should be mad at IMO.
I know some insurance is cancel for any reason, but I am sure that cost more than standard.