Checking in from Hawaii

B

Bibb

Hi everyone from Honolulu. Been here just over a week but not many chances to get on the internet. Weather's great (75 night-time 85 day-time) warm but gentle breezes keep it "Perfect".

Visiting nephew (22) in the Army here on Oahu, friends at the Navy Yard, and just loafing. Eating too much. :)

We are returning tonight on a 9:30 flight non-stop to Newark and then up to Boston at 3:30PM (tomorrow).

No cruise in the future so we're pretty bummed out. Have to work on that when we get home.

Cheers,

C

Cricket

Hey Bibb! Have you been MIA?? Planning a cruise is almost as much fun as going on the cruise...well maybe not almost but you need to get one on the books!

S

ShipMaven

Bibb - thanks for checking in. I bet you wish you had just arrived in Honolulu instead of being on the way home. Sounds heavenly there, as always. Did you and Karen stay at the Hale Koa?

R

r8derfan

Aloha! We just got back from maui on the 20th. The air is soooo clean there. Not like here in Riverside. Have a great time. :)

B

Bibb

Yes Mary Ann, we did stay at the Hale Koa. Best place for military personnel in my opinion. There is so much to do right at the hotel and it is only a 15 minute walk to Kalakaoa (I think I spelled that right), the main drag in Waikiki. We lived in the jacuzzi and had way too much ice cream.

r8derfan - we knew you were in Hawaii but our paths were not to cross. Another time, maybe.

Cricket - I have just been lurking for some time now posting a few times here and there.

B

BostonsJ

Wow Bibb when Karen took that early retirement you said you had lots to do and you sure weren't kidding. You have wings under your feet. I'm happy for the two of you. I'm sorry to hear about your friend's Mom but it is a blessing that he made it home in time to see her.

H

Hooked

Geez Bibb that's gotta be a long flight. We did Honolulu to Phoenix that wa about as long as I want!