Cruising Alaska!

J

JenniferT

How about sharing your Alaska cruise stories here!

This is a forum for us to share our Alaska cruise stories, websites, trip itineraries, questions, events, guides, swap shore trip info, trail info, river info, weather, etc... Feel free to post some links!

www.alaskayukontravel.com/forum.htm

If its about cruising, and its in Alaska, lets talk about it here!

Got a question about Alaska's ferry system or Alaska's small or large cruise ships?

Interested in going someplace new in Alaska?

What did you do on your cruise to Alaska this year? What was your ship like?

Stop by! Let us know where you are from, and where in Alaska you're headed next!

http://www.alaskayukontravel.com/forum.htm

K

KelleyD

My husband and I are taking a 7 day Northbound Alaskan cruise, from Vancouver to Seward. Then we have a 4 day land tour that takes us to Mt. McKinley, Denali, and Fairbanks. We are sailing on the Coral Princess. This is our first cruise.

Question: In Ketchikan - we are not really interested in fish, totem poles, or the lumberjack show, what else is there to do there?

J

JenniferT

Sea kayaking trips out of Ketchikan are a blast! I'm sure you will also enjoy just walking around the town; it's very scenic.

S

suejp

Hi there,
We just got back from the Northern route on the Dawn. This was our sixth cruise but first on Princess. We also did a 3 day land package. We give Princess very hard marks for their service and their organization. We had a very smooth tirp. There was quite a bit of rain in Ketchikan when we were there. We did go to the Saxman village. It was pretty interesting. Then we walked around and saw Ketchikan and enjoyed the museum. It was a very interesting day. It is a short time in that port so thats about all we had time for. We did Mendenhall and wildlife quest in Juneau and the white pass train in Skagway. The time in Glacier Bay and College Fjord were magnificent.
We stayed two nights at Mt. McKinely Princess. It was very nice but we didnt get to see the mountain while we were there! But during our nature tour of Denali we saw it quite well. We enjoyed the train to Fairbanks. We did the least in Fairbanks cause we were pretty whipped by then. Enjoy it all. Ask any questions and I will try to answer them.
Sue

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
We are planning a cruise to Alaska end of August into September, how much rain should we expect?
I think good advise is to just expect it. If it is not raining and or not hardly or is just cloudy . BONUS. But I have had great days at the start, end and middle of the season too...... and rain of course.

gottagoacruzn

Environmental Compliance Officer
Hi guys, am goin to Alaska, for a 10 day cruise, on the crown princess, in Sept, an I can't wait, don't mind the rain one bit. Has anyone taken the Aluetian Ballard tour in Ketchikan? Been thinkin bout takin it, then see the rest of the town, creek st & etc afterwards.