Diamond Princess 7/24/04

D

doreen

Anyone else on the Diamond Princess 7/24 out of Seattle?

Post Edited (06-23-04 15:34)

L

laginog

My Sister's family is celebrating her husband's parent's 50th anniversary on that sailing. They have a whole group going....Grandma & Grandpa, my Sister and her husband and their two daughters (6 & 10), another Brother and his wife and their three sons (15, 9 & 5, I think), and one more single Brother. You will love Alaska. I can't wait for them to see it!!!

D

doreen

Thanks for responding. Maybe I can even dance with the single brother. Just a bit nervous about going by myself.

I've read quite a few negative reviews of the Princess I was starting to think I made the wrong choice. Hoepfully we will all make the best.

Doreen

D

DX_Chic72

Doreen--

I wouldn't worry about the negative reviews of the Diamond Princess. I was on her in the beginning of May (weeks before the Victoria incident) and we had a great time! There were a few knick-knacks that we thought could be better (ie: service at the Afternoon Tea was a bit disorganized, but I'm sure it's all been worked out now), but I know you'll have a great time. :) Great crew and service on the Diamond as well as great shows and entertainment.

You're going by yourself? Even better..I'm sure there'll be tons of other singles going, and you are free to do whatever you want! :)

~L.

D

doreen

Thanks for your encouragement. After a few lousy weeks I am so ready to go.

D

DX_Chic72

Hi Doreen,

Anything in particular that you like doing on a cruise? Or looking to do on a cruise? I really enjoy the atmosphere of a cruise during the evening. There's always something going on, whether it's karaoke contests, entertainment, comdey shows, or just having a blast at the bars, the whole thing is just fun to be a part of. :)

~L.

D

doreen

I love the entire atmosphere from waking up and working out to the magnificent views to hanging by the pool and looking forward to the next port. The shows while sometimes less than Broadway caliber are just plain fun.

I am so exicted by going to Alaska. Need to get out of NY real bad.

Doreen

D

DX_Chic72

Alaska is so much fun..you're gonna love it. So you're from NY? I'm from BC. (I believe your itinerary visits Victoria, BC on the last port day.) Are you going to fly to the west coast the day before your cruise? I've never been to NY, but I'm going to visit one day! Must shop till I drop and visit all the fun sites and attractions. :)

How's the packing going?

~L.

D

doreen

Hi, yes we visit Victoria the last day. I am looking forward to that. I've never been to western Canada. I am flying in a day early to stay in Seatte. I've been to the West many times but never the Northwest. I think I've gotten all the necessary "stuff" now and the packing will begin next weekend. I'm not a last minute person.

You must come to NY. Forget all the negative you hear. It's a great city to visit with so much to see. But I am always happy to leave for a vacation.

Can't believe I'm Alaska bound in 2 weeks!

Doreen

D

DX_Chic72

Doreen..I'm excited for you. I've been in a post cruise depression since we got off the Diamond two months ago..lol. j/k. I'm not really a last minute packer either. I usually start packing two weeks/a week before my cruise, (it gets me even more excited for the trip!) because I don't want to forget anything. Then on the day before the cruise, I just throw in silly random stuff into my suitcase in case I need it..lol.

I think you'll like Victoria. It's a not a major city or anything, but there are some nice touristy places that are quite well known, like the Butchart Gardens and the high tea places. There are also a few unique shops along downtown, Victoria. Do you like to shop?

I will definitely come to NY one day! I was thinking of going there next year, or the year after. My girl friends and I want to do some sort of trip to NYC and shop till we drop, and party hearty. :)

By the way, can I email you? I just have a really quick question I want to ask you about the cruise! :)

~L.

D

DX_Chic72

Hi Doreen..

I tried emailing you, but the email address didn't work. :( (I added the @ too)

~Leslie