eSIM - Anyone Used?

Embedded SIM (eSIM) is a SIM card that’s built into your smartphone and can’t be removed. It performs the same function as a traditional SIM, except that it’s programmable and physically connected to your smartphone’s motherboard.

The reason I ask is it allows you to get a temporary data plan overseas while you are traveling. You don't have to go through hassle of getting a SIM card and swapping it into your phone. Also, the supported phones are $500+ & I don't want to spend that much on a phone. Just want to see if an actual human has had any luck.

I'm looking into for our cruise out of St Martin next spring, so I have some time to research. Thanks!

Lassq

I've used an eSIM while cruising, and it’s been a great way to stay connected without worrying about swapping physical SIM cards. eSIMs are super handy if you're hopping between countries, especially on a cruise. Just make sure your phone is compatible. If you're not sure, a quick check with your phone's manufacturer should help. For those who need a local number or manage multiple lines, a phone number creator can be really useful. It’s like having multiple numbers on one device, which can save you time and hassle. Enjoy your travels!