Excursion blanked out? What does this mean?

RVJordan

Trying to book Whale watching in Dominica but it is grayed out? Does not say sold out. Do I need to keep checking back? Thank you

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Using a TA ask them to find out. No TA call the cruiseline yourself. Cruiseline websites have a mind of their own. Not sure what whales would be around there regardless. Maybe just a form RCL uses generically. ?? Good luck.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Guess I was always thinking about warm water and beaches. Not what was in them. Mind you a big old sea turtle got my blood rushing when I was soaking all by myself one fine day when he bumped into me in the Caribbean.

RVJordan

I found out why it was blanked out. No one over 60 can take that tour. My RL is over 60. So whale & dolphin watching it is!

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
I found out why it was blanked out. No one over 60 can take that tour. My RL is over 60. So whale & dolphin watching it is!
Good ...maybe its cheaper. :) I always lie about my weight when I get asked if I want to go up in a Kite thingy beng towed by a boat. Saves money cause they think I weigh too much. lol.

red stripe

Staff Captain
The age thing…
it is so wrong. It should be judged on ability, not a number.

many years ago we were on a cruise and a bus/ walk around tour looked good to us. (This was in Italy. )
Then we noticed the fine print. There was an age limit!

But my other half is younger than me, and “ eligible “ to go. So.. we went down to the tour desk, he said he wanted to go, they said OK, how many? He said “ Two”.
They gave him the tickets..based on his age.

Now for the rest of the story…

As we waited to get the tickets, we were behind a couple than looked younger tnan us, but in terrible physical shape. And not from disabilities.

They were on the bus with us. At each stop, these two did not get off the bus!
It had taken enough for them to get up onto the bus, so they were not moving.
we got off at every stop and walked the areas for the time allotted. These stops were in villages, on level ground etc.

We felt sorry for the bus driver. You could see his frustration, as he could not get off the bus when passengers remained. The whole day.. he was trapped.

So much for age limits!