Favorite HAL ship

D

debbiedo

I've only been on two so far (Maasdam & Zuiderdam) and from those I would have to choose the Maasdam. This could change however as we have a Volendam cruise booked for Dec 06 and I'd love to book something else between now and then.
So far I have to admit that I lean towards the "S" class ships - they are elegant, graceful, and have a better space ratio.

Debbie

S

ShipMaven

Having sailed all 4 S-class ships, the Rotterdam, Zuiderdam and Volendam, my favorite is Volendam. I feel very much at home on her - not only is she a beautiful ship but her Officers and Crew are outstanding. Service and cuisine are excellent. I've sailed on her every year since she entered service, and would miss my yearly "fix" if I didn't sail somewhere on her. I'll be spending 25 days aboard her this Spring. :thumb

D

debbiedo

How very fortunate you are Mary Ann!
I will look for your comments when you return.

S

ShipMaven

Thank you, Debbie. There are a number of contributors to this Forum who have sailed numerous different ships in the HAL fleet. I'd say it shows great satisfaction with the product. :thumb

K

Krazy Kruizers

We have sailed Many HAL ships except the Prinsendam and the Veendam numerous times.

But so far we have loved the Amsterdam the best and are looking forward to being on her again.

C

Cruzman

We have sailed the Zuiderdam 2x, the Maasdam, the Ryndam, the Veendam, and the Zaandam. The atmosphere and ambiance aboard the "S" Class ships seems to by my favorite; with the Ryndam winning out among those. We are booked on the Veendam again in an "S" Suite and after the SOE improvements have been completed, so we shall seee!

S

sail7seas

We've cruised most of the ships except for Prinsendam and I guess my favorite will always be "MY" :) Maasdam. We think her a very beautiful ship and we have had some amazing experiences on her over the course of maybe ??15 cruises ?? on her. I've lost count. But, we really had some great times on Veendam, as well.....and can't forget Volendam and Zaandam.... where we celebrated both of our 50th birthdays. Great ships, both.

And, of course, how can one not love Rotterdam??

Statendam is a sentimental favorite as it was on her during her Inaugural Season that we sailed the Panama Canal and fell in love with the "S" class ships. We booked an "S" and were ruined for anything else ever after. We celebrated our 25th Anniversary on her on a fabulous European cruise.

Had five really great cruises on Zuiderdam...so, yes, she is a fav.

Okay....I give up. It isn't possible for me to name an absolute, only one ship but I still lay claim to "MY" Maasdam. :)

I love all those 'dam' ships. :)

L

LandLockedInAZ

I've only been on four, but look forward to many more!
So far I'd have to say Amsterdam for her beauty and Maasdam for her crew. :)

K

Krazy Kruizers

The more I think about it - even though we are going to cruise on the Amsterdam again :dance =bigwave, the more I think about it, we have sailed many times on the Ryndam =lolgang and I think that could be one of our favorite ships.

K

Krazy Kruizers

Calgon 1

So - since your next cruise is on the Veendam - that's your favorite ship.

What ship will you be on after the Veendam? (Have to know what your future favorite ship will be.):D

E

earl_m

I am going on my fourth Hal cruise in april, on the ryndam. previous ones were the volendam.
zuiderdam and the oosterdam. when I do them all , then I will vote on my favoute Hal cruise.
they all been great so far!!

K

Krazy Kruizers

earl_m

We have cruised many times on the Ryndam. We were just on her in November for back-to-back cruises - Sea of Cortez and Mexican Riviera.

S

sage

We have sailed on the Rotterdam, the Veendam, the Ryndam, the Maasdam, the Volendam and the Volendam is our favorite ship. We love the Officers and Crew and the beautiful condition of the ship as well as the ambiance.

S

sail7seas

We've cruised multiple times on Veendam, Statendam, Veednam, Ryndam.
Rotterdam and Amsterdam.
Volendam and Zaandam.
Ziuiderdam........

Friday night we visited on Noordam in Boston for a fantastic party HAL ran to show us the brand new ship.........

Add Noordam to my list of Favorites. She is gorgeous. Really, really beautiful.
We are in the process, today, of trying to find a date in our already pretty full cruise schedule to sail on Noordam. We Can't Wait.

Those of you who have cruises booked on her.......LUCKY YOU!!! You will lover her.

S

sage

Sail,

I hope that you will be able to find that date so that you may sail on the Noordam. She sounds gorgeous.

S

sail7seas

Thank you, Sage.

We have spoken to a number of people from our area who were aboard with us Friday night and even those who said they thought the Vista Class too big for their taste, are eager to sail her.
We've cruised on Zuiderdam five cruises and had great cruises, but Noordam is so much more beautiful IMO HAL REALLY Got it VERY Right with Noordam. She is a very beautiful lady.

I just read that she is now safely docked in New York. Can't wait to board her/see her again tomorrow.