GALVESTON - How to get to IAH(Houston) airport?

ttt

Youth Counselor
We will arrive on sunday, 11-13-11 in Galveston after a transatlantic cruise from Europe.
Anyone has an idea how to get to Houston International airport without using Carnival shuttle service(approx. 50 $ per person), taxi(50$pp) or a limo shuttle service(240$) for a 1 hour ride. I called Alamo, Enterprise & Hertz, all car rental offices are closed on this sunday!
I am wondering, if anyone has an idea or maybe already used a good shuttle service to advise!

Always happy cruisin´!

Gramma Ann

Environmental Compliance Officer
Take I-45 north. You will go through Houston to the very nort side. Depending on traffic it will take about an hour and a half. There are signs for the exit.

leonrdofan

Youth Counselor
Don't know what the rates would be but you could check out SuperShuttle. You can est.rates etc through their online presence. We've used them from Galveston to HOU(Houston Hobby) and they were on time, clean, well managed.

I've used them in Houston (unlike in some cities they were very reliable) but their website only quotes a price for the whole van ($147)--you'd have to round up people on board to share it with(which wouldn't be a problem if clearing customs weren't such a chaos--you'd have to wait for the last person to get off the boat and through customs))

The real answer is to take a repo that goes to MIA or FLL and fly home from there...

Galveston is a horror.