Golden Princess 5/2/04

M

mildavis

Hope to see ya there. There are two other couples going with us. We can't wait!!

M

magooq

We are currently waitlisted for first seating for dinner. I do like the idea of reserving day by day for personal choice though. This is my first princess cruise and my boyfriends first cruise.

M

mildavis

we are waitlisted for the second seating. #100 as of today. My travel agent said that this was not a high number and he was pretty sure we would get our seating preference. What number are you on the waitlist for first seating? I'm not too concerned even if we don't get it because we can do personal choice dining.

M

magooq

we are 29 as of last week. We have to call our ta this week to see if we were moved up. Where are you guys coming in from and have you been on princess before. I'm really looking forward to this cruise but am hearing good and bad. I basically chose this cruise for the great itinerary but don't know anyone that has been on a princess ship. I would hope it's above a carnival as someone mentioned on this board.

M

mildavis

We have been on the Sun Princess back in '97 (I think). We had a great time and we were probably one of the youngest couples. It was a paid trip with my husbands company and we had never cruised before. 7 nights/western caribbean. there were 500 other people from his company on the ship with us and we had a blast. I have heard now that it is a younger crowd (average around 40 I think) especially for this itinerary and that now they are targeting more family traveling. THis would explain a younger crowd. But, if the service is anything like it was back then, we are all in for a treat. Go to lifeiscruising.com and read John's (?) review. He took the Golden for a week with his 16 year old daughter last month. He had a great time.

I probably read some of the same reviews you read about Princess and on the same forum. I think they are small crowd of people who don't like Princess for whatever reason. As a matter of fact, their reasons for not liking it included that the ship didn't have enough color. COLOR?! What the heck does that have to do with how great a time you have on a cruise?

I think we'll have a great time. As a matter of fact, I am going to have a great time. It's all in the attitude.

Oh! and we (3 couples) are coming from Mobile, AL.. We range in age from 32 to 42. We are meeting up in the Skywalkers Lounge the first night to meet up. (we have different plane schedules). Come join us!

M

magooq

Thanks for the info. Our plane lands around 12:30 p.m. so I'm not sure what time they will let us on the ship. However, we will head to the lounge.

Thanks.

Counting down the days....