Golden Princess June 6

M

momajude

We just booked and can spend the next months planning and getting excited. I've checked here and at Cruise Critic and it seems we may be the only passengerson this boat. Are there any other fellow guests out there? We are celebrating our 40th anniversary and since we were only 10 when we got married we're still very young! ....Ha! We're newlyweds at heart.

L

lisajane

No- you aren't the only ones going on June 6th. I booked this cruise last July or August and I've been waiting to see if there is anyone else on this site going. I am really excited about the cruise, too. It seems to be coming up so fast. I've always wanted to go to Aruba and try the intro to scuba. Congratulations on your anniversary!

M

momajude

Hi, LisaJane, We're both excited about Aruba too! We've been there once when the old Seawind Crown sailed from Aruba. We're both big into snorkeling so I signed us up for a trip to DePalm Island. Some of the message boards made it sound interesting and different. We're starting to count down. Hope to see you on board
Judy

L

lisajane

Hi Momajude- I am so excited about the cruise- half the fun is the anticipation. I'm going to try an intro to scuba in Aruba. I hope we can meet for a drink or something. That would be really nice since I am a snorkel maniac, too! You can e-mail me at:
lisajane@yahoo.com Just reference Golden Princess or something like that. Take care!

M

momajude

It's been a while since I responded here. Anyone else out there. Lisajane there is also a string on cruisecritic now and several passengers on our cruise are on the board now. Is your intro to scuba through the ship? I think I saw a post from someone else who wanted to try. I'll see if I come across it again and I'll refer them here . We're both getting excited, I'm already trying to decide what to take, and of course trying to loose a few pounds before we leave. I look fotrward to meeting you and we'll plan a drink together closer to the date. What else do you like to do? Cards ? Games? Books? Not much more than a month to go. We live in Illinois close to the Wisconsin state line. Where are you from

L

lisajane

Hi again- It's funny cause I was born in Wisconsin and my Mom was born and raised in Chicago. My Aunt and cousins still live there. I grew up in Arlington, VA (near Wash DC) and have lived in this area since I was 2 years old.

I'm going on this cruise solo cause I've always wanted to do what I wanted instead of having to go along with my group. That makes it so much fun, and on a cruise you are never alone. This is my 5th cruise since 1998 and they've all been to the Caribbean. I love going to the beach and since I live on the East coast I can do that a lot, but there is nothing like the Caribbean!

I am planning excursions- mostly snorkeling for every port. The intro to Scuba was through the cruise ship, but I think any dive shop in Aruba can also arrange it. It's just easier to go through the ship.

It will be fun to meet you and have that drink- also perhaps we can meet for dinner, too. I don't mind doing breakfast and lunch solo, but going into the dining room alone is a little intimidating. I don't want to barge in on your anniversary though!

I'm on the Aloha deck and I got a very nice cabin- but it's inside- no view. My travel agent is hoping for a last minute upgrade. I don't really mind because I'm hardly in the room except to sleep!

I do like a wide range of activities, but on the cruises I like to be super active and take in the water sports. I love to read but usually do that at home. My travel agent said that on a cruise the only thing she ever wants to do is read, but that's not me.

Anyway- I'll check back here again to see if there are any more messages from you. It's nice meeting you!

M

momajude

Lisajane,
Is that how you prefer to be called or just Lisa. I'm going to post on cruise critic usually because there are more of us there. This is our first princess cruise also. We.ve done NCL, Celebrity, the old Seabreeze, Seawind crown, Premier. We did the mediterranean on the Rembrandt which was the original Rotterdam, that was awesome. As I said on the CC board we'd love to do Dinner(s) having been together almost 40 years, we enjoy each others company but we also really like meeting new friends. I envy your traveling alone in some ways, I have travelled extensively for business , often by myself, and although I like my freedom and privacy, I could never get used to eating alone. Somehow when I went into a restaraunt for Dinner I felt uncomfortable. I usually ordered in. Can't wait till June 6th. Do you arrive in SJU on Sat or Sun?
Judy

L

lisajane

Hi Judy- I haven't been checking this board as much as the critic board lately, but saw your message here. Yes- I'm just Lisa but my middle name is Jane, so I use Lisa Jane a lot as an online name. You really sound like an experienced cruiser! I've only done the Caribbean cause I love the warm weather, but I think I'd like to do a European cruise one day.

I can't wait to meet you and your hubby. You sound so nice and so fun! I really do enjoy travelling alone but it can be kind of intimidating to walk into a dining room alone. People are generally so friendly on cruises and I love meeting new people. I am going to love having my own cabin though- even if it has no view. I'm going to be on Aloha deck and it seems like a great location.

I was thinking- you can go ahead and e-mail me directly and I'll give you my cabin number, etc. as we get closer to sail date and other details so we can be sure to meet. I'm flying to San Juan on Sunday but I'll probably be there around 11 am I think. How about you and Don?

Here is my e-mail address. In order to avoid auto spammers I disguise my e-mail address by inserting "no spam". Just take out the "no spam" part of the address when you e-mail me: lisa_jane_fox@nospamyahoo.com

(The last part of the address is yahoo.com)

I am so excited about this trip- my birthday is May 30th so it's kind of a birthday present to myself.

Chat with you later!

Lisa