Golden Princess Med cruise questions

W

wwinfl91

My wife and I are going to be on the Golden Princess on July 16 Med cruise. It leaves from Barcelona and ends up in Venice. I have a couple of questions for anyone who has taken this cruise.

One is how early can one get on the ship in Barcelona on the first day of the cruise? I know on other cruises we have been able to board ships as early as 11 AM but have also had to wait until after 3 PM. Since we are flying in on a cruise arranged flight I would assume they would arrange things so that you could go from the airport to the ship rather seamlessly but as my wife reminded me, assumption is not as good as knowledge.

Second question as to do with the final stop in Venice. We get to Venice at 8 AM on a Sunday and then stay on the ship that night and the cruise officially ends the next day, Monday. How soon do you have to get off the ship and how good are the arrangements to get you from the ship to the airport? Is there anytime that day to do any sightseeing or is just go to the airport and fly home.

Any information from anyone who has done this cruise recently would be appreciated.

Thanks