Good Morning Afters!

D

Donna - dsw

Well, if we get through today - most of us will have a couple days off - - not sure we will get to rest - but at least we won't be at our daily work place.

It is supposed to be crazy weather here again. Warm today - but with rain off and on.

Going out to Mexican Dinner tonight and then I am sure we will hit the club - but the rest of my weekend is open. Hope to get some more things done around the house - seems it is a never ending battle. Hope the Cancer Society gets there plants so I can get some planted in my yard. Got the Humming bird feeders going and when I was washing and refilling last night a couple kept flying by the window just waiting for me to finish. Funny how quick they realize where the food is! lol

Here is a great beach view with the ship in the back! Hope you all have a great day!

DSC00789.JPG

R

reggae

Great picture, Donna. That has to be either Labadie or CocoCay, and I can feel the hot sand on that beach :)

You've been getting the rain in Ohio, that we are supposed to get up here. It just never makes it north. We do need some rain, and maybe today??

Not sure what we are doing this weekend, but possibly going to see the Red Bull Air Races. If we go down there, we'll go to the Canadian side (less crowded). DH & DD are both wanting to go, so we'll see....

Also this weekend is a special "Rail Jam" festival....that is what my son calls it. They've built a new elaborate ramp that shoots them onto the lake for wake-boarding. That will be in Indiana, and he wants us to come, but I really don't know if that will happen. I have a hard time watching that....:dizzy.....

Hey Donna, they're also talking about Cedar Pointe next weekend....I could go as a "watcher", and have some of the big fries and an elephant ear :)

N

nieciez

Good morning Afters. It is warming up again here in VA too and a chance to TStorms with it.

Like I said in Maw's Ramble, it was a long day at Walter Reed yesterday but that is behind us till the next round in July.

Yummmmmm Elephant Ears...I've never heard of them before until I went to a Harvest Fair in Chillicothe OH when visiting my BIL. I've never seen them in NJ or VA, only funnel cake.

No plans for my weekend....putzing around the yard and house I guess unless something comes up.

Hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend.

B

BostonsJ

Sounds like you ladies are all very busy. I hope you all have a good day. It is spectacular weather here and will remain that way through the weekend. Woo Hoo.

Last night I came home and got my work out. I was finally able to get the lawn mowed. Boy did it need it and everything looks great now. Then I watered flowers front and side and patio. Then I got a call to go back to work because Dena forgot to forward the phones to the service. She said, I'm sorry, "Don't ever give me that responsibility again". LOL She is a redhead but sometimes she is blonde! I left earlier than her and she told me not to forward the phones because she was waiting for a call. And I only live about 5 minutes from work so it was no biggie.

I've been going round and round with Audra on the phone. The dresses I like for the parade she hates. And we have finally decided on a style that she "The one with the fashion design degree" feels is appropriate. Phewwwwww. So tonight I will have to order it up. I got my hat yesterday OMG I love it.

Can't wait for this day to be done so that I can get my feet amoving around the yard with all the plans I have to get things done. So much fun to see things getting fixed and looking good. And I have more plants to buy also. The seed I put in on the side of the driveway didn't come in. So plan #2. And work wants some hangers that I haven't gotten yet. Then a trip to Big Lots for some throw rugs mine took a beating this winter.

So that's about it Afters. I have 8 hours before me and woo hoo time to get things done. There will be no grass growing under my feet this weekend. And Mr. Mike will be kept very busy also! :grin

Have a great day everyone!

C

connie seabee

Morning Donna, Our weather is about the same as yours, warm, with rain in the works. Thankfully we got our yardwork done yesterday.

I'm not sure what we are doing over the weekend, no big plans in the making. We went out to a Mexican restaurant Wednesday night. Sure was good!

The photo looks like Labadee, I love that place. Wish we were there.

C

Cruise cutie

Nice photo indeed...plant me there right now in a deck chair..I swear I won't move for a few hours..=sleep..

it's a 3-11PM for me tonight..,then the weekend off..and I really need it. so hope you all have a good TGIF..:)..Joanne