Grand Princess 3/26/05 from Galveston

L

Larry Douglas

BEWARE! Do not use EZ-Parking in Galveston, please read my letter to the manager. The cruise terminal parking comes first in Galveston and the other private companies are a rip off. Please pass this letter on to anyone cruising out of Galveston. Just returned on the Grand Princess Nov.27, 2004

EZ-Cruise Parking Manager,
I just returned from our family cruise out of Galveston. Because I was taking my two older sisters on this cruise, ages 68 and 70, that have trouble walking or standing up for long duration's, I decided to use your EZ - CRUISE PARKING. We arrived at you covered parking (covered parking????) Sat. morning at 10:30 am and was instructed to return at 11:00 am where a van or bus would take us directly to the Grand Princess terminal. We returned at 11:00 am andwas taken to a parking place on your lot. We waited at the back of our car until 1:30 pm before you started taking passengers to the terminal. We were told the terminal was not allowing any boarding passengers yet because they had not finished unloading (we found this to be a total lie when we got on the boat). When you finally got us to the terminal we had to stand in line for over two hours before we were able to board the Grand Princess. This was my third cruise out of Galveston and normally use the Cruise Terminal parking lot, I didn't want my elderly sisters having to stand in front of the terminal while I parked the car (Which takes about 15 min. to park and ride the shuttle back). Your company caused us to stand for almost (4) FOUR HOURS!!! And to top it all off, when we returned to Galveston at 8:30 am you were not at the terminal to take us back to your EZ- Parking rip off parking lot, I had to take a 15 minute walk to you lot to get my car!!! Your buses were not to be found!!! This letter will be E-mailed to every cruise line, message boards and cruise reviews listings for every ship leaving out of Galveston. Your company is a rip off , and I promise to do my best to get the word out about your horrible service! Shame on You!!!

Larry Douglas

N

NiteStar

Thanks for the warning! I'll be cruising on the Grand on April 9th, and will be sure to use the terminal's parking!

L

Luci-raqs

hello! I'll be on the March 26th sailing of the Grand with you. I'm also looking for a playmate for my 8-year old daughter who will be joining me on this vacation.

Luci