Grand Princess April 1, 2006

D

desertone61

We will be departing from Galveston, Texas, myself, my son living here in Texas, with another son/his wife from Des Moines, Iowa, and also my son/his wife from Phoenix, Arizona. This will be their first cruise and will be my third. Really looking forward to a wonderful family reunion as well as total fun.

D

desertone61

Any information that you might have available as to the Grand Princess cruise and or excursions would be greatly appreciated. None of us have ever been on a Princess cruise so any input would be great. Thanks and looking forward in meeting others as well while on the cruise.

I

imamelfan

Hi...We will be on the Grand Princess out of Galveston on April 1, 2006!
My husband, my Mother in Law, and our four teenagers! Maybe we can all meet up and have a drink! We have cruised Carnival and Norwegian, but this is our first Princess Cruise. We are already very excited!

D

desertone61

We also are all looking forward to this cruise as its our first aboard the Grand Princess. We all shall look forward in meeting up with you. Always nice to make friends aboard these cruise and to stay in touch. One of my sons lives in Gilbert, Arizona, the other lives in Des Moines, Iowa. Myself and my son here live in McKinney, Texas. It is my third cruise and the first for my sons and their wives. Thanks for you message and looking forward to the date of April 1, 2006

D

desertone61

We have three cabins, mine is B425, last name West. We will be looking forward in hearing further from you

I

imamelfan

My husband's company has an office in Gilbert. We plan on moving to that area in about five years! Arizona is beautiful! We are in Ohio and it is starting to get cold now. My daughters and I keep warm by thinking about the cruise! We also have three cabins, but are on the Empress deck. We will definitely keep communicating and get together onboard!
Keeping warm in Ohio,
Karen

D

desertone61

Hi Karen
thanks for the update. speaking of Gilbert, my middle son lives there. In fact he has been there for many years now, works in and around Phoenix area. they have just signed papers for building of new home which will continue to be in that area. I lived near that area for over 25 years, a little community just south of there called Casa Grande. Things are getting very expensive there with the real estate market. Again, glad that you are keeping me updated as we all look forward in the up coming cruise. If you hear of any thing about the itinerary , Cozumel in particular, please let me know. I think by time we hit the cruise all should be back to normal. I wasnt all that impressed with Cozumel when there a couple months ago, but if you are going to take side visits for beaches, snorkling, diving it should be great. dont get caught up in taking the island tour to see the ruins etc as thats a huge joke. My son went on diving tour and was super delighted. I am hopeful that the submarine ride is back in operation and the glass bottom boat tour.

Stay warm, have a great winter and keep thinking how much fun we all are going to enjoy.

Jan West
McKinney, Texas