Happy TGIF Afters

B

BostonsJ

Well we finally made it to Friday.....I'm happy about that. I woke up with a headache though so at 4:30 I was in a hot shower and have taken my pill in hopes to get rid of this before work. Change of weather I think. It is going to be another nice day here and then a cold front is coming through later. I slept with all the windows open last night it stayed so warm.

I fell asleep after about 5 innings of the Rockies/Sox game last night. Was happy to wake to another Bo Sox win. We are having a BBQ at work today to cheer the Rockies home. Now being in the minority here and being so far on the winning side, I was going to bring Boston Baked Beans but instead decided........on a Rockies decorated chocolate cake. Everyone will have a black tongue because it has black and purple frosting on it. LOL

I may slip that Red Sox shirt on though! :lol :lol

Will be glad to have the weekend off to get some things done around here and to relax some.

Everyone have a great day.

R

reggae

Judy...looks like your team is doing well! That cake sure sounds good, have a piece for me :)

Had some excitement around here last night because dd was trying to get on a flight to Philly for the wedding. (She's the Maid of Honor). Well she flies standby and all the flights out of Detroit were delayed. Big mess...

She finally got the last seat on a very late flight. Ending up missing the Pre-wedding party, but will be there for tonight's rehearsal and dinner. And then the big wedding on Saturday. Going to be a very exciting weekend for them.

The girl that is getting married and my daughter have been friends since first grade, so they are like sisters. We are so happy for her...her husband-to-be seems so nice :) The bride's father passed away a few months ago after a short bout with cancer, so that will be sad not having her Dad there.

Going to get ready for a weekend Pinocle party here....so I need to think of some snacks.

Take care all, and have a good weekend! TGIF

M

maw

Hi girls sounds like you all are on move this morning. Judy have fun in your Bosox shirt at the barbque.. Regae sounds like you have fun at your weekly card game. We used to play lots of different games with friends when we came down on week ends but after we moved down too much day to day stuff got in way. Have a fun week end all.

K

korinalacount

Morning,watched the game at the hospital,my friend was admitted again,seems she has a infection in her lungs called Devils something as a nickname which led to pnemonia,she fought staying home but with recent surgery they said NO,so she is on oxygen,prednisone and a heavy antibotic,got home in time to watch John tell me they lost again,the 1st
night he wanted the Rockies to lose,now he is pulling for them,but he didnt watch the game,just kept looking at the score online,lol!

N

nieciez

Ahoy there Afters. It's my "Friday off" and I am enjoying it being very lazy this rainy morning. I was bad and lazed in bed till 10 =eek though I was up with Leatherneck at 4:00 and again with the dogs at 6:00 and again at 8:00.... Have no plans today until I have to head out at 3:30 to take Bella to the vet for her annual shots/check-up. It is hard to beleive we've had her a year now!

Leatherneck informed me last night that he has to work Saturday :( but he will be home in time for the Halloween Festival with the grandkids and SIL Chris, just hope the rain stops by tomorrow evening.

Judy, hope your head ache has abated.

Patty, enjoy your Pinocle game.

Maw, Sounds like you've been a busy bee around the house....hope those fires it CA don't effect your breathing when you visit in a few weeks!

Korina, I know you both are looking forward to the football game.

Well, everyone, have a good weekend and TGIF.