I have accomplished Zip today!

B

BostonsJ

Man I guess I'll be up half the night.

I had to go on a work mission today to try to arrange for a shopping excursion for the women at work, both Counselors and Admins. We have to be in Navy, Black or Charcoal suits by February 1st and no one has done anything about coordinating this thing. So I volunteered because that is what I used to do, sell women's clothing. I'm pretty much all set. I have 5 suits and several coordinates. I could use a couple new summer suits or I must lose 15 pounds to fit in my last years suits! I want to lose the weight anyway so I'm pretty much all set. As long as I diet! :lol

Anyway I went to my former store and inquired. Well the problem is they no longer sell the Women's plus suits at that location. And many of the women need the plus sizes. So I inquired about other locations..I met a great manager, we yacked for 2 hours, she is originally from back east also. Been here 5 years. I have an appointment to meet her at her store(she was filling in at this store for the day) on Tuesday. How's that for luck??? We talked and talked and I think I can negotiate some more once I meet her at her store on Tuesday. I'm going to tell my boss I'm doing it on work time! :lol :lol

There is a suit sale starting tomorrow. So I'm going to try to arrange a Sunday night party in the next two weeks. After close on Sunday they allow the party into the store to shop. You bring your own refreshments and have a good time. The manager of this store has her husband who is a performer play the keyboard and sing. And there are discounts given to everyone in the party.

Now, the company needs to put their money where their mouth is. I have done the legwork, it is time for them to come up with the funding!

But, I found an outrageous deal while there. A beautiful black shawl collar pant suit for $24.00. Exactly what we need for work. I will wear it on Monday, model it for the GM and say OK where's the cash for this shopping trip? :grin

Didn't get much done around here though. I went to Walley World and picked up odds and ends nothing major except the cold medicine for Mike. Boy is he sick. But the one thing I had to get were the Cindarella movies. For once Audra thought ahead and told me they are being removed from sale On Jan 30. They are valuted for 7 years and not sold. Kiarra would be 9 when they are released again, so she will get the 3 DVD's this Christmas. When Disney removes a movie from production it can be for anywhere up to 7 to ten years before they re-introduce it. I've been trying to find a Lion King for Kaan and boy they are selling for huge money on Ebay. Not going to do that, it will be back in 2010 I understand.

So that was my day was yours any more productive?

C

Cruise cutie

Depends on if doing 2 loads of laundry, working today.. 5 hours "extra" to be *helpful* to Admin, getting a much anticipated, and Oh la la appreciated pedicure, and filling and running a dishwasher ...after churning out burgers and cauliflower counts..:grin...

Oh wait the HR /scheduler Ros called and I got sucked into a 7A-7P for Monday instead of a 3-11PM shift.trade-off.. they FIRED a nurse who had "called down" NINETEEN times in 11 months.=grrr...so they need to plug up her days on schedule..so it's another one for me. does any of that count????.

I am SO glad I am off tomorrow, and just changing the bed, and bowling on the docket...tell Michael I send my get better fast thoughts, and does he want a Mile High Apple Pie in consolation??..:grin...=hugs Joanne

B

BostonsJ

Joanne I think you might want to reconsider an apple pie for the goof. Mike's buddy turns 60 in July. So he just called and said a the old gang is all getting together to go to his beautiful house on the lake in Oregon for the weekend. He invited Mike to go. So I asked what date and told him to go, but inside I was cringing because I have already planned my vacation for pool time in Boston for a week in early July. And I need him to watch Killian. :grin

Mike said well his birthday is July 23. I thought for a moment and said oh boy, that's the day Joanne arrives. He grinned and said, well I guess now that I know that, I really will go! I told him I was going to tattle on him and that you were going to get him good! =lolgang He laughed!

L

Linda&Jim

Well, I had a productive day. I took my mom shopping for some needed slippers and a watch as hers had broken. I got some make-up and an anniversary gift for hubby. Came home and got ready to go out to dinner and then some laundry to get done. Not a bad day. I am glad work had no impact on today at all although it could have with some continuing ed stuff but I had too much going on to deal with lately. I have been trying to adjust to new medication this week and not sleeping well so decided getting up at 5 am on my day off was probably not going to happen especially to drive 1 1/2 hours for work related stuff that will be offered again at a later date. I slept in instead & got my errands done that needed doing so I dont' have to stress about those things. A very nice day overall

C

Cruise cutie

OH he did did he!!!!!!!!!!!!...HMM HMM HMM That Michael does not know of what him messing around like that can cost him..but YOU do!!.. tell him he gets just a 1/4 mile head start and after that he is toast!!..:grin I never smoked, and he has!! he is in T-R-O-U-B-L-E !!!!

=devil...Even my husband Mark, and Son Stephen know better than that!!..Incoming!!..Where on Earth did that Foxhole go????????..:nono.......:grin..Joanne

B

BostonsJ

ROFLMBO He is not laughing anymore. He said I was just joking! :lol :lol I said she knows that goofball take some more Nyquil and go to bed!

C

Cruise cutie

=lolgang..Tell *BIG Guy* he is forgiven, and that "The tiny squirt" still loves him, and says get all better!!...:)..Joanne

S

shadoesmom

Well, I finished an ice ring and started another. (Orange slices in a little water to hold them, freeze, a little more water, freeze, then fill with oj and freeze solid) Released that one and put it in a gallon plastic bag and on to the next one. :)

Went to WalMart to get groceries for the party. (Mom's 85th B-day surpise party)

I made a large batch of macaroni salad, a jello salad, a molded jello salad, 5# of sloppy joes, baked sugar cookies ( I'm waiting for the frosting to harden so I can write Mom, Grandma, Aunt Lu, etc on them) I put together the centerpieces, decorated the basket for cards, packed up the buns, serving stuff, tablecloths etc. Now I'm working on a photo collage.

I think I had a productive day. To be continued tomorrow......... :)

R

reggae

Tina...you are by far the winner! I wish I had the energy! But I'm curious about the Ice Ring? Is that for the punch bowl?

Hope your mom has a wonderful birthday, and give her a hug for me :)

S

shadoesmom

reggae - yes, the ice rings are for the punch bowl. I just put the last one in a baggie. I stayed up till 2 this am to finish up. All I had to do when I got up this morning is make the topping for the orange jello salad and spread it on. I turned the crockpot on to heat up the sloppy joes too.

Right now I'm surfing the internet while my fingernails dry. Soon, we'll be packing up and heading to the party hall.

I'll give her a b-day hug from you - thanks!