I thought you had to be smart to get into MIT ...

G

GloBug

Research backs me up on this... a childs brain is not fully formed until they are about 22 or so. So while they can study hard and be brilliant, the common sense areas that form that can help them decide on things like CAUSE AND EFFECT are sorely lacking. She obviously is not an idiot, just not quite an adult. At least she wasn't stupid enough to not cooperate. Machine guns! Gees... that would scare the spit out of me!

(knowing that my daughter's brain was not fully formed is the one thing that convinced me to allow her to live several times in the last few years. Honor roll student, takes school seriously, but clueless at times... sigh!)

T

Ted_D

This young lady is exceptionally stupid. Immaturity is one thing, and we all suffer through it. But irresponsible, dangerous, and repugnant behavior is more than immature. Faking a bomb in Boston's airport, where one of the 9/11 flights originated, is breath-takingly arrogant and wreckless.

I hope she gets what she so richly deserves -- time in jail to think long and hard about her antics.

Ted

S

ShipMaven

I had some eye-openers while doing graduate work at two Ivy League universities and teaching at one of them...

1) Brains and common sense don't necessarily equate.

2) Many of these students have no respect for authority, government, any sort of rules and regulations - and for that matter, neither do some of the faculty, staff and administration.

G

GloBug

MaryAnn, TOO many people have no respect nowadays for authority in any form. This young woman definately should have known better, I think a short time in jail would jog her memory in the future!

T

Tobyn

What an educated IDIOT! She may well be intellegent and educated, but she is definitely not smart.

B

bostongal

Let's not forget that MIT has an issue with insanity. The supremely intelligent students that attend (and some professors as well) are NUTS!

The only statement this girl made was that she is an idiot.

Meg