I'm going to get bashed

E

ewheelock

I know that I am going to get bashed on the subject, but here it is. What is the big deal about whether or not you get robes? I had them on my last cruise and really, my own robe is much better and my own bathing suit is much better. I don't mean to be silly but I just don't know what the big deal is.

P

peteandchell

If you are referring to the other post that dicusses this the main focus was not about bath robes. It was about getting a bunch of different answers from RCCL on the matter. And also robes are quite large so they take up a lot of space in a suitcase so many people do not like to take their own. Personally i could care less I do not wear robes but to some people it may be a slightly larger issue but i am pretty sure that it wouldnt make someone get off the ship or ruin a vacation.

R

Robkabob

The robes are a necessity when you pee in your last outfit because your ship either hit the pier (Grandeur) or encountered a 70 foot wave (N. Dawn). LOL.

E

ewheelock

=lolgang I think that I would have more than peed , but I read that nobody really knew that it happened

R

Robkabob

Well I guess the Cruise Ship trifecta is complete: Bedbugs on the Jewel of the Seas, the Technicolor Yawn on the Norwegian Dawn and the Gash on the Grandeur! Happy Cruising! LOL

P

peteandchell

Hey i resent that remark....the Jersey shore in April is great it is June that it is bad....WHEN ALL THE SHOOBIES COME!!!!! or if you live above Seaside then you have the BENNIES to worry about...lol

BTW can you elaborate on the trifecta? I heard about the wave but not the others can you tell me or direct me to the story behind them.

R

Robkabob

Hi

Last week, a couple claimed they suffered terrible bed bug bites while on the Jewel of the Seas. According to the local news coverage in Florida, Royal Carribean refunded their money but did not reimburse medical expenses. The story can be found at:

http://www.local6.com/travelgetaways/4365719/detail.html

Bed Bugs, once thought to be eliminated, seem to be coming back of late and have developed a resistance to many pesticides. This morning, WBAL TV (Baltimore) reported that Marriott was having issues with Bed Bug infestations at certain properties. I am sure that Royal Caribbean is doing everything possible given the negative publicity.

With regard to the Grandeur, Cruise Addicts is the only one reporting it so far. Check out the home page. There are photos too! Basically, on Wednesday, April 20th, the ship was attempting to dock in Costa May and it hit the pier. Apparently, winds were 15 knots and there was a slight current. According to the report, no one was injured. It is not clear how the ship will get back to New Orleans but RCI will probably make air arrangements if the ship cannot sail in time. Supposedly, more information was to be released today (Thursday April 21st).

So those two situations plus the Norwegian Poseiden ...er Dawn round out the Trifecta. It is now over and we are assured of a hassle free cruise season. LOL. (What are the odds of all this muck happening again? LOL)

Anyway, as my mother said, they never showed this on the Love Boat. Thank you for listening. :)

L

lizzitish

re: The Jersey Shore in April.....Im here 24/7....LOL, was just saying I'd rather be on a ship w/a few problems than on land, which just happens to be the Jersey Shore in April....LOL.

M

mlzangel78

lizzitish,, where at the jersey shore i am am from galloway and peteandchell live in ocean city ,,, where are you from??

M

mlzangel78

ewheelock,,,, it isnt a big deal wether we get them or not,it was hilarious how many diff answers we recieved from the same company,,,

my best friend is going on this cruise with me ,,, its her very first balcony cabin, and her very first longer than 3 day cruise,,, all she can picture is sunrise on the balcony drinking coffee,,, i told that on my last cruise on pricess they had bathrobes at it was nice to have something to put on,,, i dont pack jammies for cruises,, as i sleep au natural (TMI , i know ) , its resepctful to other passengers, to not stand naked on your balcony, as other passengers can see you :)......and she was really looking forward to the picture of that,, sitting in a chair watching the sunrise and sea go by in a bathrobe,,, its luxurious , relaxing, wahtever you want to call it,,, we didnt bother with waiting to find out,,, we did order our own robes and slippers,, and now we can take them home :)

R

Robkabob

You know, come to think of it, I don't think we ever saw "au natural" passengers under their robes on the Love Boat either. Times have changed! :) LOL.

PS> I also stand corrected about Love Boat never showing a problem cruise. There was the episode where the incompetent replacement captain (Dick Martin) steered the Princess right into a hurricane. Fortunately, it was Issac's quick thinking that saved the day. The reward for saving the passengers' lives and a multi million dollar vessel? A promotion to Chief Bartender. Thank you for listening.

L

lizzitish

Melissa.....I live in Pine Beach (right across the river from Toms River aka Dover Twp.) Been here 15 years, and before that lived in Harvey Cedars from 79-90....small world.

K

Karry

My parents live in Bay Head, in between Pt. Pleasant and Mantaloking. About an hour and 15 minutes south of us here in Ridgewood.

L

lizzitish

Karry.....

its even a smaller world, my DH is a police officer in Bay Head....he's been there for almost 20 years....LOL.

K

Karry

OMG....what is his name? My father is very active in Bay Head, BHIA, etc. His name is Tom Gage. They live on Twilight Ave. My brother lives down there too. He is a lawyer with offices on Bridge Ave. His house is on Bridge also; almost right next to the police station!!!

M

MrsPete

No bashing here. A robe is nice, but it's certainly not a make-or-break item in the grand scheme of things.

L

lizzitish

Karry .....it really is a small world. DH says he knows your dad, and your brother works w/the PD in court as the public defender....ask dad/bro if they know the Sgt. (Geoff).....trying to talk him into the next cruise...just got off the Radiance on2/27 and want to go on another one soon....but he says we "have to save money" for college(two kids)...so Im trying to get a deal so he cant turn me down....LOL. Have a great day....

Lizzi