I'm home! And had a Conniecat Christmas and loved every minute of it!

B

BostonsJ

And I had the best visit ever. What a wonderful Christmas I had. Although I am worried about my grandmother. While her health has improved she is very frail and her mind is just not there as it should be. sighhhh.

I cried like a baby when I left today. I already miss my little babies. Kaya and Kaan came to the airport with me. And they looked so sad to see me go.

Those kids just love having grammy there. And Audra was thankful for having me home and helping to make it a Christmas to remember for the kids. I pulled out all the stops this year. It was mayem in that house this morning. Pure Chaos and I was so sad to leave it and to leave Audra with a huge mess. They loved everything they got.

We went to bed at 4:30am after assembling toys. Most of the wrapping was completed at 4:30 am on Sunday night. :lol :lol If it hadn't been for my brother helping us with a wooden play kitchen We would have not gone to bed at all last night. Sahin fell asleep in his chair finally about midnight and Audra and I kept going. We laughed until we cried each night throwing gifts at one another saying you wrap this one it is weird shaped and she would say just do it! Just having a great time together. She is such a wonderful mother I'm so proud of her. I know I did 30 loads or more of laundry while there. She really needs 2 washers and dryers. :lol Those kids go through towels and clothes like I have never seen.

I think the only night I slept 4 hours was the night I arrived. I am exhausted but a very happy exhausted. It was like when I was a child and remember how wonderful Christmas was as a child. We hung the magic key and wished upon it last night. It was so much fun.

Last night the kitchen faucet which had been leaking let go about 4pm. Sahin shut the water off and ran to Loews before it closed to get a new faucet. Well as always when doing plumbing nothing went right. Audra had made a deal with my brother. She would wrap my SIL's gifts if he would come over and put together the play kitchen with Sahin. My SIL had come over in the afternoon and when poor Joe arrived Sahin was under the sink. Joe with a torn tendon in his arm took over the plumbing job because the faucet had to be cut out. So they begin to install the new one and at 6:20 pm. they realized the water feed line was too short for the new faucet. It was panic time . All the stores closed at 6pm. Sahin got into the car flew to Home Depot it was dark, then pulled into the Walmart parking lot. There was an employee leaving and she said I'm sorry we are closed. He said Maam I'm so sorry I know it is Christmas Eve but I have water going everywhere and my 4 kids can't go without water for 2 days please can't you get me a manager. So she went back into the store and the manager said we can't the registers are closed. Sahin pulled out a $100.00 bill and said all I need is this thing he had the one that was too short in his hand. Just please take this money I don't care what it costs me. The manager said go get it. Sahin grabbled 4 of them just in case, and was home 15 minutes later. The manager rang him up at the customer service booth and refused to take the 100.00. It was hysterical. My son in-law is a very manly man and still has a very thick accent especially when he is excited which we were!! :grin. When he pulled into the driveway 20 minutes after he left for the store my stomach dropped. I thought there is no way we are going to have a dishwasher or kitchen sink. And my brother says to me , I need to go to the basement and see if this kitchen is zoned so I can get the water back on in the rest of the house. Lord! We were in a terrible mess.

My Son in-law got out of the truck with 4 water feed flexible hoses. I looked at him and said OMG where did you get those. He said Walmart Mom. I said you cried didn't you. :lol :lol Now that is not something I would ordinarily ever say to him! He told me the story and said Mom who would have believed they would help me. I said Sahin you never listen to me when I tell you that miracles do happen and you just experienced a Christmas miracle. He said Mom you are right. I said good things happen sometimes Sahin and you need to thank the man upstairs for this little miracle. He walked into the house and with 4 of these things and my brother said Sahin we only needed one. He said yea but I wasn't taking any chances what if we break one. By now we are silly with the commotion of it all and relief! The kitchen was a total mess, but We were jumping with joy. The kids kept stealing the tools, they were running and chasing with excitment. It was turmoil like I have never experienced. Audra and I gave the 3 little ones a camp shower with bottled water, put them in their new Christmas pj's, and then to bed. Another miracle they were asleep in 4 minutes just exhausted themselves! We let Kaan wait up for a real shower. The sink was finished at 8pm. And then we had a mess to clean, about two loads of wet towels too, but were just thankful. We fed my brother and SIL and then got to work getting the toys put together. It was such a wild time. I said Sahin there are families all over the world right now sitting having shrimp cocktails and sipping champagne and we are having a National Lampoon Christmas Eve. He laughed. But I told him this is a Christmas we will never forget either. Audra and my SIL and Audra and I were exhausted and got the giggles and the guys were commenting about how silly we were. We were just beyond tired and goofy by midnight!

What made our Christmas Eve even more hectic is that Audra volunteered to puppy sit a friend's Golden. It is 5 months old and loves to play really rough with Audra's Husky. OMG those two were tearing through the house and tangling each other up with their leashes when we walked them, and just making life in that house even more hectic. They just played and played and jumped on one another trying to prove who is boss. That puppy is full of energy. So tripping over two big dogs was fun and the puppy has no little ones in the house and kept stealing toys and socks and getting into the gifts tearing up wrapping paper. OMG when I say Chaos I mean it was Chaos. About 3am all the babies asleep, Sahin in his chair I went out in the kitchen, the husky was lying there the golden with his head on the Husky's belly. They were so tired and looked so adorable!

Well this morning with only one eye open I jumped off of the couch. Sahin was still sleeping in his chair, I was fully dressed on the couch and Audra was upstairs. I laid down about 4:30 waiting for Audra to wrap a few of my gifts and just went out like a light. I couldn't find my glasses this morning, I had fallen asleep and slept on the glasses. :lol :lol It was only a 3 hour nap, and I don't think I moved all night I was still in the same position as when I laid on the couch because my back was killing me. So the glasses were fine! The kids were yelling to come downstairs. So I grabbed the puppy, threw my shoes on without socks and took him outside to do his business. As I was walking him I hit some ice, totally took a header went down on my knees, my face and hands in the crusty snow bank. So what does the puppy think? That I'm playing with him and he jumps ontop of me and is trying to nibble at my ears and neck and I knocked the wind out of myself and wasn't even sure I could get up. I'm yelling Henry get off of me but he just kept pouncing on my head and laid down ontop of me. LOL Eiy yi yi. My back was already out, I have had no sleep and now I am lying prone in a snow bank. It looked like a crime scene marking in the snow when I finally did get up. I stood there laughing like an idiot. That is not the type of snow angel I wanted to make! When I finally got into the house I handed Sahin the leash and said you take Keynai the husky I'm a little bit in pain. He said jeessssh Mom. I was laughing telling him how Henry though I was playing with him. What a night, what a morning, and what a drive home tonight. But still all wonderful!

Mike and I just finished opening gifts. He bought me a new computer and lots of other things. I'm sitting here with Killian at my feet saying OK let's go to bed. Mike said Killian really missed me. I have to work tomorrow so I hope I can walk! :lol I'm thrilled to be home ready to hit my own bed, have my things all around me without living out of a suitcase. but miss my babies. It was truly was one of the best Christmas' I've had in many years.

Oh, Audra gave me a guardian angel cameo. She said Mom you are our guardian angel.

We had a ball together this trip. We shopped and shopped and spent some nice time with the kids. She doesn't get out much Sahin works tons of hours and with 4 kids you don't get to do much it is too hard to get out with them all. We just had a great time doing and going and buying. I slipped her some cash and said go to Town kidlet. Yes we were still in the stores on Christmas Eve and then came home to the faucet dilema. :lol :lol

I'm blaming this National Lampoon Christmas all on Conniecat! =lolgang

I hope you enjoyed your Christmas with family and friends. Merry Christmas Everyone. Now I'm off to bed.

C

conniecat

Aw, man, I get blamed for everything! :p

glad you are home and safe (?) Now, get some rest, lol.

N

nieciez

Welcome Home Judy...glad to see it was the best Christmas ever...I didn't expect anything less :) I know there was lots of =love going on.

T

The Cruiser

Welcome Home BostonJ. Sorry to hear about your "conniecat fall". =eek. Glad to hear you had a great time with your family. :)

K

Karry

=welcome =homesign I SO enjoyed reading this! What memories you made. Absolutely correct: this will be a Christmas that you will never forget. I will wait a few months and then look to see when the movie version of it comes out :lol Your SIL getting the pipes reminded me of a saying I try very hard to live by: "if you see someone in need, help him. You never know if it is Jesus in disguise." Thanks for the share!

J

Jill B

Whew, I am exhausted after reading that Judy! I am glad you had a great time (although hectic) with your family :)
Happy Aussie Christmas to you all. :)

K

kpopperwell

What a great memory you will have. I could just picture how hectic things were but how much fun you had. Thanks for sharing

D

Donna - dsw

Welcome Home - I love your story telling - I keep telling you to write books! lol

A

audrey

I am glad you had such a great christmas judy with your family. We had our christmas on Sat morning for two of stephanie boys went to dad this year for christmas., Oldest son came here to spend christmas day with us and we really enjoyed his visit. It is a long story but he is not living with dad anymore and will be 18 years old on Feb 23 the day we leave for cruise. My dd is working her last day at Macy and then has to start looking for a real job as she puts it. I need all the prayers I can get that she can find one to help her so she can move out on her own again. I wish I could say that this is fun but it is not our house is not big enouft for these many people but do what you have to do I expect and pray that 2008 will be a better year for everyone. Well need to make breakfast for everyone and clean the kitchen some before we leave to take Johnny home to where he is living Everyone have a nice day.,

J

JANPEP

Glad you made it home safe & sound. Sound's like a great time was had by all. Now take it easy & get some rest. I got tired just reading your adventure.

C

Cruise cutie

I just ended up getting slammed into a double, am headed to bed, and I am plumb wore out before your tale started, now I am drained, I'll call tomorow night if I can..hugs and love, Joanne

T

tango55

Glad you had a great Christmas - expected no less with all those kids running around! Christmas is so magical when you have little ones.

Terry