Info about Costa Maya

Mbandy

Staff Captain
We haven't been to Costa Maya since before the hurricane but have seen good reviews.

The first time we were there we did the ruins that were about an hour from Mahahul. Our guide grew up there and was very knowledgeable. Our tour ran late so I didn't have a chance to snorkel. I pouted for about 5 minutes then had some rum punch and went back to the ship. :beach:

The second time we were there Susan was quarrentined to our cabin. She insisted that I go out and snorkel so I went to Mahahul and snorkeled off the beach. Then I had some rum punch and went back to the ship. :beach:

The third time we did a snorkel excursion out on a boat. The water was fantastic and crystal clear. Then we had some rum punch and went back to the ship. :beach:

We avoid the little shopping mecca at the end of the pier. The pool is pretty crowded because the beaches by the pier are rocky and not suited for swimming. I have seen some pretty rowdy times there too with the tequila flowing freely.

Here's a link to a web site you might find helpful with some excursions. Take a look at the all-inclusive beach breaks. :eek:k:

Costa Maya Cruise Excursions Guide for Shore tours and Shore Excursions in Costa Maya and Mahahual Mexico for Cruise Ship Passengers