ISLAND PRINCESS COASTAL 05/06/2006

B

Beryl

Well, maybe not! I think I have talked DH into this sailing--I hope so and will let you know when I get it booked!

C

Colo Cruiser

Cool I was just checking back and saw your posts.
We (wife and I) with another couple are going so far.
They sure are great prices too.
These are excellent ports on an excellent ship. :thumb

C

Cruzgal

I see you have done another coastal cruise...was it similiar. This will be our 1st coastal...we have been on the Island 2 other times and love the ship as well. We are also Elite(been on 26 Princess cruises). So far there are about 12 of us (friends and our son/daughter-in-law and 2 grandsons).

C

Colo Cruiser

This is more like a normal cruise as it is a 7dayer.
The 3 day coastal's are just a quick getaway and are fun though but usually no stops at all.

C

Cruzgal

That is why we picked this one...we live in the Los Angeles area so figured it would be an easy one for us. We have never been less than 7 days and usually take 14 days +. Since we are taking our family, 7 days was all they were going to get from us. We have been to all the ports except Astoria, OR...how about you?

C

Colo Cruiser

Never been to Astoria or Santa Barbara, parents used to live in Victoria and I have been to San Diego and San Fran. Should be fantastic.

B

Beryl

I'm still planning on coming!! Talk to DH all the time about how wonderful the ports on this cruise are. We are really looking forward to it but it is soooooo far away! Colo Cruiser - how did your parents come to live in Victoria. We both went to University there, DH to military college and I attended UVIC! Santa Barbara and Astoria will be the new spots for us!

C

Colo Cruiser

Both my parents were from England and they love the British touch there. They came to the US through Ellis Island. My Dad could never stay in one place very long. Between our trips to England on the SS France, SS United States, and the SS America we also sailed P&O ships to Australia and lived there for 4 years. I think they had Gypsy in them or something.

Yes it is far away but it will be here before you know it.

G

ginnylou

Thanks for posting to come here. I will contact some agents and see what the best price is for this as I travel solo.

Ginnylou

C

Colo Cruiser

Glad you could make it over, good luck with the pricing.
You might check cruise411.com I use them all the time.

C

Cruzgal

Hi all,
Sant Barbara is a great port...we go there quite often via car or train. The beach is very nice and there are good wineries in the area. Also great food and shopping!
Haven't been to Astoria, however herad it is a very nice seaport town
Joyce

B

Beryl

I have never been to Britain Colo Cruiser but I can understand why your parents enjoyed Victoria! It certainly gives one a feeling of being in Jolly Olde. Many of the shops on Government Street are devoted to products British! :grin

I have been wondering what there might be to do in Astoria so did a quick search and found this site. I was interested to learn that it is at the mouth of the Columbia River. We live not far from the river's source so that will be interesting for us! http://www.oldoregon.com/

C

Cruzgal

Beryl..thanks for the information on Astoria...looks like there are some nice things to do/see. Out son & daughter-in-law (who will be on the cruise with us) are from Vancouver, Washington...so Astoria will be like home to them.
Colocruiser...I.m sure you will enjoy Santa Barbara...State Street (with a lot of nice shops is close to the beach and there is also a shuttle bus that goes up and down the street for 25 cents each ride.