It happened again

J

JacquieP

Several years ago, we came home from a cruise to find out that a pet had crossed the Rainbow Bridge. Last time, it was Moose, a Silky Terrier. When we got home last night, we had a call from the veterinarian who watches our birds, that Spike, one of our cockatiels died the day we left for the cruise. What a lousy feeling:(! It's hard to cry and unpack at the same time.

G

GloBug

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. It's so sad to lose a pet, but with almost all other animals, we know they are sick. Birds do NOT let you know. They will be sick for weeks before you even notice they aren't the same as usual, because in the wild, weakness is a sign for predators to "come and get it."

I have gone through your loss of a pet 'tiel. It's sad, and a definite time for tears.

(((((JacquieP)))))

B

BostonsJ

Oh no I'm so sorry. This is the hardest part. We love our pets so much that when we lose them it is like losing a family member. Hugs.......I still think of my Peobe and Woobie every day. It is so hard.

C

conniecat

How horrible for you! I hope at least you enjoyed your cruise. I had some very good friends on that same cruise with you.

K

kpopperwell

So sorry to hear that you had such bad news on your return. It is never easy to receive the news that one of our fur(feather) babies has passed on.

N

nieciez

( ( ( (Jacquie) ) ) ) Sorry to hear about your loss...what an awful thing to come home to :(

R

rooy

awww, i'm so sorry this happened to you. i'm going on a cruise next wednesday and have fears about my 17 year old cat crossing while i'm gone. hope you'll feel better soon.

J

jk

Jacquie, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It is so hard to lose a pet. {Jacquie and Leon} Spike is in good company with several of our birds.

C

Cruise cutie

=hugs from us too Jacquie.. my heart hurts for you...Scooter had a relapse 3 days after we got back in May.after the group cruise...:(..and we had to have him go the the Rainbow Bridge, and I am still desolate...I am right there with you.. take it one day at a time..:angel..Joanne

M

maw

Sorry to hear of your loss Jacquie and Leon--hope you had a great cruie other wise. Good to see k here today too.