Liberty of the Seas vs Anthem of the Seas?

smb2a

I am looking at both these ships hopefully after first of the year. Liberty seems a little more like traditional glitzy RCI ship and Anthem seems more contemporary. Has anyone sailed on both classes of ships? Which one would you choose?

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Two ships one is smaller (only 45')and newer the other is the Liberty.(which has room for 55 more pax) I have not been on either. Sorry.

I would just check the amenities of each and the Itinerary. Pick the one that is the best for your preferences. Include the price and if its still a tie flip a coin.

I can say that I have been on a sister ship to the Anthem of the seas. Found the flow of passengers to be just off compared to other ships I have been on and there were a 1000 kids on board and not enough staff. For the programs. (Alaska) Wonderful Solarium for Adults only however.. Traveling with kids look to the Oasis or Voyager Class. Hope this helps a bit

Have you read this !
https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/08/16/the-differences-between-royal-caribbeans-ships

George C

Staff Captain
We have sailed Liberty a few times and Oasis once a couple of years ago. we are fans of rccl and diamond plus. Larger ships like Anthem seem to have way more children than Liberty , entertainment is really good on both , but more restaurant choices and entertainment on the larger ship. in general we prefer Liberty which is freedom class or voyager class which is just slightly smaller, love the ice show which all these ships have.