montreal to boston in July

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Having never done it I offer this subject to Its guess work based on a bunch of cruises off shore. Generally when at sea in big bodies of water it doesn't matter. Docking it doesn't matter cause you may get a different side on the shore side on any cruise. The St Lawrence will be a toss up depending on if your ship travels to a port or stop on the North Shore but ships travel in designated lanes so I would guess that the Starboard side would be closer to shore for the basic South bound journey. I'll see if I can get a fellow addict to see if there is something specific to pass on.

DrKoob

Bar Steward
What side of the ship will have the best views going from Montreal to Boston
Starboard (right) side of the ship. You will have great views on both sides until you are out of the St. Lawrence, after that, all that will be on the left side is the Atlantic ocean...not that you can see that much anyway. Land is usually pretty far away.

seamom

Staff Captain
Whereas I’d agree on starboard for spotting land southbound, port side was wonderful to the east of Quebec City as you get great views of that city and then Montmorency Falls and Ile d’Orleans with its charming buildings. However, that’s a short time so you could be up on deck watching depending on time of day. I haven’t done the segment from Quebec City to Montreal but if you were driving, the north coastal road is filled with charming villages on the old King’s Road but I’m not sure how much, if any, could be viewed from the ship. We faced out to sea when we did that ocean coastline and spotted a whale!