My winning purchase for PizzaBoy and our guests :)

L

Lisa63

I was browsing in The Sharper Image during lunch on Friday, and came across a "Soap Genie" automatic soap dispenser, that uses a motion sensor to dispense liquid soap. I thought this would be perfect, germophobe that I am, as our guest bathroom is also the one used by PizzaBoy. Now that he's older, I've been striking out when buying gifts for him, yet this one turned out to be a big winner. It has an option to play a musical chord when the soap is dispensed, which he loves, but also lets us know from the other room that he is truly using soap when he says he's washing his hands. :)

And, with my bathroom scrubbing today, this Soap Genie got a real workout.

C

Corky

That sounds like a lot of fun to use, and a great way to get the kids to wash their hands...how does it attach to the wall, with screws?

L

Lisa63

It's a standalone unit and runs on four triple-A batteries. It comes in two sizes, and sits nicely on the bathroom countertop.

I might get one for our bathroom, too. (Only I'll disable the music on that one, as it will drive me batty.)

Lisa63

B

BostonsJ

What a great idea! I'm glad Pizza Boy likes it. Anything that works and helps him stay nice and germ free is a good thing. A bonus that he likes it.

My grandson Kaya loves those special scented antibacterial soaps from Bath and Body Works. He is so funny, if Audra tries to put soft soap or one of the cheaper brands in the bathrooms he goes into the closet and searches out his favorites and tells her he would prefer the nicer smelling ones. LOL

L

Lisa63

It also helps our guests stay germ-free. :)

Judy, that's a great story about Kaya. He certainly knows the good stuff, doesn't he? :)

Lisa63

C

Corky

Thnx Lisa - I'll have to check that out. I currently use the Bath & Body Orange Ginger pump soap & lotion in my upstairs bath and for my downstairs I use the Mandarin Lime....Yummo!!! :)

N

nieciez

I LOVE the Bath and Body Works foaming anitbacterial soaps...we are using Island Cotton right now.

D

Donna - dsw

Bath and Body works has a bunch of them on sale right now for 75% off - - it came to $2.68 a bottle. I got every fragrant they had.

R

rooy

just bought one of those automatic dispensing soap thingees a few weeks ago. mine is made by Simple Human from bed, bath and beyond. I LOVE it! i'm a fellow germaphobe. enjoy.