Nassau, Freeport and Key West beach's.

CRUZINGFAMILY

Bar Steward
My family and I are traveling to Nassau, Freeport and Key West on the Carnival Conquest on Aug. 21st. We're looking for nice beach's to take our young (age 8 and 5) boys to. Any suggestions would be very appreciated!! Oh yes, and preferably, not booking a excursion through the ship, we just want to take cab to some nice beaches!!

Happy Cruising!!

Mbandy

Staff Captain
In Nassau I would recommend Cable Beach. It is on the Ocean side and it is where most of the big resorts are located. Less than $10 in a taxi. Most of the taxis outside the port want to take you to Paradise Island which is in the Harbor not on the Ocean. I had to be pretty insistant with the cabbie that I wanted Cable Beach not Paradise Island. The locals are there and will take you parasailing, banana boating, jet ski rentals, etc.

In Freeport we went to the beach by the Our Lucaya resort. Also a cheap taxi ride. It was very nice. There's a marketplace across the street with shops and a few bars. The Count Bassie Pavillion in the marketplace has nice entertainment and the bar just outside the Pavillion makes some great rum punch :beach:

Not sure about beaches at Key West because we went parasailing there. I do know there's a beach there at the southernmost point in the US.

Enjoy!