NCL Challenges with reserving air travel with NCL

We love cruising... Diamonds with NCL and occasionally with others. Normally I do not make the same mistake three times... but...

When you purchase "highly discounted" tickets that NCL air reservations buys in bulk... be advised there are zero resolutions when you have a problem. We are in the middle of our third flight debacle with NCL Flight reservations.

The problem is that the agreement between NCL and the air carriers is NCL has no path to change your flight once it is the hands of a carrier even when the carrier causes the problem.

Past: Booked NCL from Reykjavik to Europe... The night before the flight, Delta sent us a change that would put us in port AFTER the ship left... Delta said they could not fix... NCL said they could not fix... cost us $2,700 to book one-way last minute on a different carrier. Our travel insurance said "... is out of our policy... carrier's fault"... what a waste of money that turned out to be.

Past: NCL/Delta late flight to Frankfurt... we ran to the connecting flight and arrived prior to the door closing, but they had already given our seats away. Delta's partner offered no resolution other than a flight the next day .. again, creating significant negative downstream travel consequences.

Now: we have a NCL/Air Canada return flight from Athens where Air Canada has changed equipment, but the new flight is oversold and the upgraded seats we reserved on Air Canada months ago, are not available... Air Canada says "call NCL". NCL Flight reservations says "..sorry, it is out of our hands.." after multiple calls we are unable to gain any resolution.

As a very frequent business traveler I am accustomed to travel problems that cannot be remediated, but this one could be simple if NCL did not lock into a completely unsatisfactory agreement with the air carriers.

Most of the NCL Flight arrangements have worked fine, but after three major problems on expensive Haven trips with flights that had been booked by NCL months in advance I simply suggest it is like rolling dice... buyer beware.

Regards,
CharlestonMichael