NCL dropped ports after final payment due

lynn anderson

Posted 23 hours ago
Nov 7 2024 Panama Canal on the Jewel
I truly appreciate NCL numerous and prompt responses to my emails regarding dropping 5 of 7 ports on the west coast; but they will not be compensating us for this down-graded itinerary. I really feel that NCL is A OK with their bait and switch tactics. Will we get the advertised DAYLIGHT transit of the Panama Canal? If others would like to express their displeasure or wish to see NCL change this practice: vicepresidentguestservices@ncl.com

kcjonesy

Jan 4 2025 Panama Canal on the Jade
NCL informed us today that they were changing 3 ports and dropping another. Maybe not a big deal to some, but we chose this sailing entirely because it included 4 ports we had never been to before. All 4 of those ports were the ones cancelled! We have been on 13 previous Caribbean sailings and chose this sailing because of the novel ports of call (St. Croix, Grenada, Tobago, Santa Marta Columbia). They changed these to St. Thomas, St. Martin, Tortola with an added sea day. We have been to these islands multiple times already. Interestingly they made the announcement a couple weeks after full payment is due. Classic bait and switch.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Posted 23 hours ago
I truly appreciate NCL numerous and prompt responses to my emails regarding dropping 5 of 7 ports on the west coast; but they will not be compensating us for this down-graded itinerary. I really feel that NCL is A OK with their bait and switch tactics. Will we get the advertised DAYLIGHT transit of the Panama Canal? If others would like to express their displeasure or wish to see NCL change this practice: vicepresidentguestservices@ncl.com
Feeling your pain. Used to happen a lot more back in the day. Cruises were sold by brochures before the internet and Ports were always on the brochures as being on the cruise. .and in fact never went there ever. Was there any reason given to you and others as to why? Some times SHIP happens and it is beyond control of the Lines. If there was no "Good and Fair" reason you may have grounds for a civil action regardless of the meanless contracts we sign. Consult a lawyer failure with Cruise line disputes.

kcjonesy

I've been cruising for 40 years and never had a problem with changes in itinerary. 20+ cruises on Holland, RCL, Celebrity, Princess and NCL, had an occasional port changed due to weather or local violence. My last three cruises, all with NCL had multiple port changes with no explanation given. All after a few weeks of final payment being due. This is not ordinary. We've sailed NCL 4 previous times with no changes. This is not coincidence. It is corporate policy to maximize profits. It is also not the industry standard as I've sailed RCL and Holland in the last 2 years with no changes. I will not be sailing NCL in the future.

kcjonesy

Posted 23 hours ago
I took your advice and emailed the VP of Guest services. This was her reply.

Dear Mr. Crawford,

Thank you for writing in regarding your concerns, we greatly appreciate the observations and feedback of our valued guests and regret to learn of any dissatisfaction.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by the change in itinerary. It is always our intention to adhere to the published itinerary, as we understand changes can be upsetting to our guests, however, at times, circumstances may necessitate modifications. We do our best when making these changes to provide alternate itineraries that are exciting for our guests and are sorry to learn you don't feel that the itinerary provided was sufficient. As we do reserve the right to make these changes at any time, and as we are not compensating all our guests for this particular change, we are, unfortunately, unable to provide any compensation for your reservation.

We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your concerns and remain excited to welcome you aboard.

Andrew Martin on behalf of Katty Byrd
Senior Vice President, Guest Services

vicepresidentguestservices@ncl.com
Norwegian Cruise Line
7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126

They really just don't care. Profits before People.

lynn anderson

NCL been dropping ports for "fuel efficiency" i.e. we are saving us money by cheating customers out of purchased itinerary AND telling them after full payment is due. This has been a problem with NCL for years, but has gotten worse since 2020. See major protest on youtube of Feb 2024 Antarctica cruise. I will not be booking NCL again nor will I spend money while on this cruise