E

earl_m

How do they know if you have a suite.do you have to show your
card each time to get into the neptune lounge and can you bring children
there also.
thanks

S

suer182

When I did the Maasdam in 2004, we introduced ourselves on the first day. I am also assuming that the pic that is taken of you when you first board the ship for your key card is also on their database. I do know it is on other lines.

When the door is opened you just walked in. Door was locked you didnt walk in LOL. You do not get a special card like you do on RCCL.

On our sailing many of the people paying a short visit to the Neptune lounge were not in suites. I saw a few kids in there once in a while. Grabbing a quick bite and leaving.

We did not see many people just sitting in there relaxing.

J

JOHN(NJ)

I stop by and see what treats they have. I haven't seen anyone keelhauled for just passing through and grabbing a treat. You might be given the laser beam stare by those who paid for a suite and feel they are being invaded by the "steerage" people though. There was always food and treats left over every day, so better that they are enjoyed rather than being fed to the fish.

M

Mal D. Olive

John,

If I had an expierence like you had on the Massdam in 2004 with the AC not working in your Suite, there would be lots of heads turning in the Neptune because that is where I would be cooling down and getting dressed for dinner. I'll bet engineering would be addressing the AC problem a bit faster then. =lolgang

J

Judi

We've traveled with the "Queen" several times when we weren't in full suites. If we walked past while she was in the Lounge, we would stop by to chit chat. The Concierge was always most gracious, although I don't think we ever took anything to eat or drink.

J

JOHN(NJ)

I think the other perks that you get when you book a "snob" cabin outweigh the Neptune Lounge, JMHO.

Not saying that all those who book suites are snobs........:lol

E

earl_m

john(Nj) ,I think you better stay away from the neptune lounge, They(suite people)
might be looking for you.

J

Judi

We've had the luxury of being in full suites on several occasions, starting long before the Neptune Lounge was even thought of. And John, I know exactly what you mean about "snobs." If you don't fit their idea of a suite passenger, they look their nose down at you. Someday, I hope to trip one! :lol :lol :lol

A funny story about the first time we had a suite. Back then, they had the hot hors d'oeuvres at cocktail hour. Suite passengers could call and have them delivered to the suite. Well, I decided to surprise Mal one evening and have them delivered. They asked me for how many passengers, and being that Mal has a pretty good appetite, I told them 4, even though there were only the two of us.

When they knocked at the door, I danged near fainted....there were enough hors d'oeuvres to feed half the ship!!!!!!!

=lolgang =lolgang =lolgang

M

Mal D. Olive

And how about a roll call for some simpler food in the Neptune. Who would be in favor of like cheese and crackers, and chips and dip for a change from the dainty finger sandwiches and such? :thumb :thumb :thumb

S

sail7seas

The concierges recognize everyone by face immediately. Seeing as we have our photos taken at embarkation, they are proud of the fact they have learned our names and faces before we even appear in the Neptune Lounge. They know exactly who belongs in there and who does not.

On the Vista Class ships, it takes a bit longer. There are more of us. On Zuiderdam, they keep the door locked and there is a separate key card issued to "S" and "PS" guests to use for entering the Neptune Lounge. I think the same applies to Noordam.

I would not want chips and dip in Neptune. We don't eat those sort of high fat and fried things. Most crackers have trans fats. Closest thing to poisin we can put in our bodies. I like the fresh veggies they put out and the small wrap sandwiches on the tomato wrap bread. Personally, I don't think it would be an improvement to add junk foods. Plenty of that available one deck up if you want pizza, fries, burgers, hot dogs, desserts ......to dirth of chances to 'splurge' if one wishes.

M

Mal D. Olive

Seems to me if I opt to book a Suite then I am entitled to an opinion on what the Neptune offers. My vote still stands for the cheese, crackers and such. I'll make sure I make mention of it to the concierge on our upcoming Noordam cruise. I suspect I am not alone in this preference.

I also miss the wonderful cheese cart they used to wheel around after dinner....I guess I'm poisoned beyond all hope!

J

JOHN(NJ)

I had noticed a dearth of cheese and crackers in the Neptune..............

I'm with you Mal.......... If I only ingest a little poison 4-6 weeks a year and behave the rest of the time, oh well. I try and walk it off on the promenade deck.

I'll mention your request and maybe some of the skull and crossbones stuff will be there especially for you by the time you board Noordam.

S

sail7seas

Of course, you are entitled to your opinion.....as am I.

My opinion counts no more than yours; but it counts no less either.

You can get chips from Room Service. You can get piles of dorito chips at the taco bar.

K

Krazy Kruizers

Only on the Vista class ships is the door locked to get into the Neptune Lounge.

You ID card is your cabin card AND you use that same card to enter the Neptune Lounge -- no separate key card is necessary!!!

S

sail7seas

I hope I find lots of crisp veggies under the dome in Noordam's Neptune on our upcoming Noordam cruise. I'd like to see HAL put more emphasis on making more healthy foods available in all venues.....including Neptune. Sugar free/fat free/whole grains.

I agree that eating junk food now and then or a rare occasion is not going to kill most people. I simply have lost my taste for most of it.

This healthy vs. junk food debate probably belongs on a thread of it's own. I don't want to high jack it.

J

Judi

Well, actually, it does belong here, since it's a discussion about the Neptune Lounge.

Breakfast includes small, gooey, sugary danish and afternoon and early evening include those deliciously sinful chocolate truffles! =cheerleader =cheerleader

S

sail7seas

:) But no one makes us eat them.

Choices; it's great to have choices.

What I choose is not necessarily what you would choose and vice versa.

E

earl_m

you are on vacation. 7 days of letting your self go. Eating what you want,
Junk food or healthy food .You can go back to being careful when you
are back in the real world.