NEXT HAL CRUISE

K

Krazy Kruizers

Re: NEXT HAL CRUISE

Glad you were able to get another cruise in place of the Ryndam.

K

Krazy Kruizers

Enjoy your cruise.

Right now the Westerdam no longer has trays in the Lido for the buffet.

R

red stripe

no problem.. I rarely eat in the buffet, other than breakfast.. because I only want a piece of toast to go with the cup of tea I made in the cabin; so sitting in the dining room for that is a waste :lol

and I can not remember the last time I used a tray.. so I will not miss them.

S

sail7seas

We just made another back-to-back booking: We have a lot of happy HAL cruises to look forward to.

We leave soon for:

Maasdam, 14 days, December

Eurodam back-to-back in March

Maasdam back-to-back June

Maasdam 7 days August

Then, we just booked next November another set of back-to-backs, FLL to FLL

E

earl_m

Krazy Kruizers said:
Enjoy your cruise.

Right now the Westerdam no longer has trays in the Lido for the buffet.

I guess they want you to eat less.. Carnival was doing that also in the past until
enough people complain and the trays came back.

L

Lisa63

Prinsendam, 14-night Celtic Kingdoms, July 2009. The days can't pass quickly enough.

L

Lisa63

Thanks, KK. Here are the details (and why we have no other cruises planned for 2009 :) ):

Greenwich to Dover, calling on
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Leith (Edinburgh), Scotland
Scrabster, Scotland
Portree, Isle of Skye
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Dunmore East, Waterford, Ire
Newport (Cardiff), Wales
Falmouth, Great Britain
Portland, England
Guernsey, Channel Islands.

We'll be staying in London, one of our favorite cities, both pre- and post-cruise.

K

Krazy Kruizers

We have looked at that schedule -- been to several of those ports.

But with DH's health -- he can no longer take long flights.

London is also one of our favorite cities. Before and even while we were cruising, we used to go and stay there for 10 - 15 days at a time.

R

red stripe

What a lovely trip..

I LOVE Scotland! And Edinburgh is wonderful. The shops on Princess street.. the castle sat on the hill, the Royal Mile.. with Holyroodhouse at the bottom of it. Try to tour it if you have time. It is the Queens residence when she is up there. About Edinburgh Castle.. they now have the Stone of Scone there. It was the (destiny) stone upon what all the kings of Scotland were crowned. Until Edward removed it to Westminster Abby. But after an interesting history, with a few detours.. it is back where it belongs.. In Scotland.

the kilted bagpipers that you will bump into here and there. The Edinburgh wool factory/store is there. I do not know if they still do this..but you used to be able to get into a taxi and ask to go to the Edinburgh wool factory/store, and when you got there and paid, you asked the driver for a receipt which you presented to them in the store and they reimbursed you. Now the ride back was on your own :lol

Falmouth, So pretty.. you can hop on the trip boats, or get on the train that allows you to hop on and off.
There is a Great maritime museum there that you may like, and Pendennis castle, . And if you can get to St. maws.. oops St. Mawes castle in Turo, then go for it.

You will be in a foreign land.. Yes.. I know that you are already in England... but once you cross the Taymar Bridge.. then it is even more so.. :lol I lived not too far up the coast from here, in Devon, and the Cornish say that everything across the Tamar bridge is a foreign land :lol
And Guernsey! what an amazing place. it is filled with natural beauty.

You make me homesick

E

earl_m

Lisa, Thats looks like a great cruise. I have never cruise in Europe. don't like long
flights. hope you have a great cruise.

H

Halcruzer

December 23, 2008
MS Rotterdam, 12 nights Caribbean.
Richard

C

christojo58

Jan 31 for 7 days
Oosterdam
Out of San Diego for the Mexican Riviera

C

christojo58

Jan 31 for 7 days
Oosterdam
out of San Diego for the Mexican Riviera

O

oofroggie

2010 114 day Grand World Voyage. This will be my second world voyage . I was on the 2008 trip. I can hardly wait , have already started to make lists of things I need to take.