Norwegian Dream Questions

L

LOVE CRUISING

Hi,
DH and I are booked on the Dream 3/14/04. I have read some good things and some not so good things. What are the room service menus like? Are they comparable to other ship? Are the cabins equipped with safes and refrigerators? Tell share anything else you feel we need to know.

Many Thanks,
LOVE CRUISING

M

marvholly

Hubby & I sailed the Dream 11/02. We had a promonade deck OV cabin. Ship is older and less luxurious than others we have sailed over the last 5 years. However, cabins, storage, bathrooms, et al are adequate or better and our cruise was a 9 dayer and we added on pre/post days and had plenty of space for all our stuff. Cabins are older and smaller than we have had over the past 5 years. That said and done: cabin staff was excellent (better than our min-suite service on Carnival Spirit 12/01), meals were good to excellent (really enjoyed the rotating breakfast menu in the dine room, the real BBQ on deck on sea days and the sushi in the buffet after 5:00 most days). Portions were smaller thaqn Carnival but I just added extra courses I don't usually do or did doubles. Ports were pretty much the same and we enjoyed what hubby was physically able to do. room service was OK. We only did 1x for late desert and coffee/tea. Prompt and good (for me) desert choice. We did mostly dine room breakfasts, deck lunches and dine room dinners. Ate at Le Bistro 1x and it was great. Never thought I would admit to paying extra to dine but it was well worth it. Do be aware: first nite and Cozumel are usually reduced charge in Le Bistro.
Feel free to ask more/specific questions. I hit this board every couple days.

M

marvholly

We enjoyed the Dream so much that we had her booked for 1/18/04 but hubby p0assed away in Aug. and I had to cancel..

L

LOVE CRUISING

Hi Marvholly,

I am so very sorry your beloved DH passed away. I am sure you have many beautiful memories of your DH to cherish. We will lift you up in prayer. Thank you for taking the time to tell me about the Dream. That helps a lot. You answered some my questions. Thanks to you, we will do the specialty restaurant.

It helps tremendously to ‘know before you go.’

Many Thanks,
LOVE CRUISING