Prayers for a very ill friend, please

S

ShipMaven

I haven't had to come to you in a long time, fortunately.

A friend had a defibrillator/pacemaker implanted about 6-7 weeks ago. Was supposed to help her fatigue, breathlessness and erratic heartbeat - she has a very weak heart, cardiomyopathy, and is in congestive heart failure. Her heart is quite enlarged. Procedure was done, but she noticed no improvement. BTW, she's on an experimental monitoring program where the implant is monitored from home. Lo and behold, it was discovered last week that one of the leads into her heart had come loose. I won't go into detail with such questions as how it could have come loose and why didn't the monitor pick it up? She had another procedure yesterday to re-attach the lead. This morning, I learned that the lead has come loose yet again (!!!) and they'll need to operate again tomorrow. :(

Please keep this lady in your prayers. Obviously, the situation is very serious.

Thank you.

Mary Ann

S

ShipMaven

Thank you for your prayers.

Another procedure is scheduled for 3:00pm tomorrow. They may try a smaller lead.

What is this - "hunt and peck"? I should think Echocardiograms, x-rays and the previous procedures would tell this team what they're dealing with instead of "let's try this, let's try that". :X

D

Donna - dsw

Sometimes it seems like when it rains it pours.

Thoughts and prayers on the way!

S

sage

This must be so frustrating for your friend. Please know that prayers for a successful attachment are on the way, one that stays put.

B

Beryl

Sorry to hear about your friend Mary Ann! This must be very frightening for her. She is in my thoughts and prayers.

L

Lisa63

Please be assured of my prayers for your friend. I hope a long-term solution may be found easily tomorrow.

Lisa63

B

BostonsJ

I'll say prayers for your friend Mary Ann. Unfortunately for some reason these leads do come loose. It also happened to my grandmother a couple of years ago. I pray she recovers.

S

ShipMaven

Thank you, Judy and Jacquie.

Judy - how is your Grandmother faring? Did they know what caused her lead to come loose?

B

bostongal

Mary Ann - I will keep your friend in my thoughts and prayers. Hope all turns out well.

Meg