Prayers for a very ill friend, please

R

rooy

awwww, mary ann. i'm so sorry to hear about your friend and her medical troubles. she must feel very scared. positive thoughts and prayers on the way.

S

ShipMaven

Thank you, @ll. {{{HUGS}}}

She's scheduled for surgery again at 3:00pm - that late in the day could mean anytime.

S

sage

It's about 3pm your time, and I just wanted you to know that your friend is in my prayers. May this attempt go well.

C

Cruise cutie

Hello Sweet Paesana friend.. just had a chance of getting here..my prayers, and heal up issues are of course with your friend. and sad to say as good as technology can be.. as with anything man -made. and not God given.. :(..folks do have issues, I am just so sorry it happened,my Dear friend here in VT Tammy has her Father with his 3rd pacer in 20 years.. it's true we can do well. and have wrought miraculous changes BUT..:( anything "made" cannot and will not last forever..and if levels of magnesium, and other trace metals ( THAT we DO need) in our systems work against us.. it will break down "fixed" things we have..sigh another reason "knees" / "shoulders" and other "parts"..don't work forever.same as in "fillings in teeth etc".. people expect fillings to last forever..and won't.. the chemical break down just lasts only so long..and so it goes.... .Hope it all gets resolved....=hugs Joanne.

S

ShipMaven

Thank you.

The third procedure was performed yesterday morning (instead of afternoon) and she was scheduled to be discharged a little while ago. I'm waiting to hear.

The "team" told her that, because of her heart's anatomy, they can only use 2 leads instead of 3 and there's no guarantee that the lead that has become dislodged twice will stay in place. They used a longer, thinner lead and attached it to a slightly different part of her heart. If this becomes dislodged, or interferes with her heartbeat, well.... :( One of my MANY questions...surely they had to have known beforehand the physiology of her heart and that it was enlarged. She's been on a 24/7 experimental monitoring program. Hello...what's it monitoring??

I know nothing is perfect (heck, my knees know that)...but some things just don't add up to me.

I do, indeed, thank all of you for your continued prayers and concern. As soon as I have a further update, I'll post.