Pre Cruise Dinner???

Einstein

Staff Captain
Anyone EVER had dinner here???

http://www.15streetfisheries.com/index.html

If so what was your experience??? It is a place that after doing the Water Taxi in Oct. we thought might be worth trying. :confused: The Dockside Menu seems reasonably priced and has a nice view of the waterway. :dance:

EMS8

2nd Officer
E, this looks good to us and yes, the prices are very reasonable. We have not eaten there yet, but know of other folks that have eaten there and have positive reviews.

red stripe

Staff Captain
it looks very nice to me. It is a great way to kick off a cruise.. everyone that wishes getting together for a meal before the cruise

Einstein

Staff Captain
E, this looks good to us and yes, the prices are very reasonable. We have not eaten there yet, but know of other folks that have eaten there and have positive reviews.

Sounds like a plan Mike. :doubleup: Its close by as well and is easily accessible NO matter where folks are staying for the Pre Cruise. :egyptian:

EMS8

2nd Officer
E, do you suppose we will have to make reservations? It looks like about a 5-6 block walk from our hotel so that will be easy to do. I have also heard that some of our cruise docs are becoming available. Hope we will be doing the doc dance soon

Einstein

Staff Captain
E, do you suppose we will have to make reservations? It looks like about a 5-6 block walk from our hotel so that will be easy to do. I have also heard that some of our cruise docs are becoming available. Hope we will be doing the doc dance soon

Being as it is Thurs. I would think we should not have a problem getting in Mike. :doubleup: Good News on the Docs as well. :hot:

EMS8

2nd Officer
How many of you are planning on doing this pre-cruise dinner? There's also another group so I think it would be nice to combine both groups.

Einstein

Staff Captain
What time does everyone want to get to 15th St for casual dinner?

I would think 6:30 PM would be a good time. It would allow everyone to get in from their flights or drives and settled into their hotels. What does EVERYONE else that is interested in this dining option think??? :doubleup:

audrey

Staff Captain
E when you are counting heads for the reservation for dinner we are with the count for the other board I HOPE everyone will post who is coming soon.

Einstein

Staff Captain
The Other Board??? Believe me when I say that there is NO Way I wish to get more involved in a dining option than with just our Group of 15. Been there and done it with a LARGE Group (>50) and the FUN comes when it is time to pay the bill. :doubledown:

I have NO issues with socializing but I am still a bit short in the wallet from the last LARGE Group dining arrangement. I think an informal gathering where folks form their own table of 4, 6, or 8 is probably the best idea. IMO :scratch:

With tables that size the bill is easily divided if the restaurant does not do the individual billing as some do not. :nix: It also is easier on the waitstaff and makes the dining flow that much easier rather than some folks eating while others are still waiting to be served. :scratch:

Last edited:

EMS8

2nd Officer
E, I'm inclined to agree with you on this point. It looks as if 15th St is willing to accommodate all of us in the casual dining area if we give them a call 3 days before our arrival. It also looks to me as there could be as many as 15-20 people total, but of course it could be considerably less than that.
Still waiting to hear how many from OUR group want to get together for dinner.

I also know what you mean about a LARGE group when it comes time to pay the bill! Been there and done that! I think we should get together at tables for 4 - 8 so it makes it easier on the waitstaff and getting our tabs straight.

maw

Wordsmith
Will play this by ear just have to see how tired we are--and how hungry Paw gets. Sorry do like to get together for din din this night.

red stripe

Staff Captain
Agree with Einstein on this combining of two groups.
And it has nothing to do with this being a cruise critic, cruise buggy, cruise whatever group...

The time that Einstein was talking about was a true nightmare, and it did cost us a LOT.. but the amount would have been doubled if not for a wonderful man and his wife that we had met for the first time that day.

When he saw Einstein trying to make up the huge amount out of his own pocket, he leaned over and told E not to worry and that he would chip in and half it.

One of the reasons that I just love Fleda and dean, and wish that they still cruised or posted on the board.
We sure do miss them.

EMS8

2nd Officer
Red, why don't we just plan on dinner for our group here, and we can always "mingle" with the other folks if they come to 15th St?

red stripe

Staff Captain
I think that is the way to go.
I would love to meet up with people from other boards, we have bumped into a few now and then.

We get rather tired of the trying to make devisions in boards.
Amazingly.. everyone we have ever met from other boards have looked and acted a lot like the folks on Cruise @ddicts :biggrin:

But the logistics of a large group would take more than a last minute organizing.

JANPEP

Staff Captain
Community Sponsor
I too like Maw will play this by ear. I don't know how far away our hotel is from where you all are staying. I told Maw if I'am not too tired after traveling I may take a cab over to see her & the rest of the group that may be there.