Renting A Van

jwc4721

We have a group of 7 driving from Missouri to Miami for a cruise and would like to be able to ride together. Looking at renting a passenger van through typical car rental agencies is going to be over $2k minimum. Does anyone know of any cheaper alternatives?

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
Have you tried Enterprise Rentacar? https://www.enterprise.com/

You may want to try driving it to Miami and then dropping it off at Enterprise or having them come and pick it up at your hotel or location before your cruise. Then, have it set up to rent another one for the drive back. If this is possible, it might work.

I have recently used this company locally, and they are very customer friendly, and I know they have services where they bring you the car, etc. So maybe a phone call to them locally will help find a solution.
$ 2K is high.

Last edited:

tillypowell

Renting a van for a group road trip sounds like a blast. $2k minimum does seem steep, though. Have you considered checking out peer-to-peer rental platforms like Turo or local rental agencies? Sometimes they offer more affordable options compared to the big-name rental companies.

Ring of Gold

We have a group of 7 driving from Missouri to Miami for a cruise and would like to be able to ride together. Looking at renting a passenger van through typical car rental agencies is going to be over $2k minimum. Does anyone know of any cheaper alternatives?
We looked at similar, KC to NOLA. We ended up buying an old conversion van, let the group decorate with chalk paint. Purchase, tag, and title were about the same as a rental. Sold it when we got back. I think net cost was around $250 between titling and parking.

Last edited: