Sail and Sign

D

Don B

I've still got mine from last cruise right here on my desk!! Nice souvenir to keep in your "cruisin" folder... has the sailing date, ship, dining option, and table number ( does not have the cabin number... I guess for security reasons). I plan to collect mine like baseball cards!!!!

J

jkmcroot

Not anymore. We got back from the Triumph on March 26 and they took our sail and sign cards. I asked why because I have every one from my other cruises and they said it was a new procedure they just started with our cruise. It was because of security reasons.

S

Sweetpea29488

In the new Current Magazine they listed a new program they are doing with past guests. 2 or more cruises you'll get a gold S&S card and they listed that you will get to keep it. I'll find out in about 12 days.

E

Erinm

If you "lose" your sign and sail card, you get a new one right? So really all you would have to do is get a new one and then if they took one away, you would still have one.... Just a thought :eek:)

G

Giles612

Erinm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you "lose" your sign and sail card, you get a
> new one right? So really all you would have to do
> is get a new one and then if they took one away,
> you would still have one.... Just a thought :eek:)

Good idea.. we should call this, "The Erin Method" ! :)

H

H2O babe

We returned on 3/26 from the Glory and all nine of us have our cards. Must be something different for different ships. I saved ours to put in with our photos.

M

mikesteg

Ditto. Got back from Elation yesterday (5/1) and kept the card.
I almost put it on (it's on a lanyard) on the way out the door to work this morning! :)

In fact, we didn't even have to scan our cards on the way out. That really surprised me, but they have also started doing customs off the ship in Galveston (or at least are trying it) so maybe that is related somehow. I have heard they are just rolling out the gold-color cards through the fleet, but Elation was doing them so I have mine.

G

gld

I had the gold card on my last two cruises (both on the Fascination). Like one of the previous posters, I put mine in with my photos too.

F

Fullspeedahead

Just off the Ecstasy on Thurs. We got to keep the cards and were not scanned when leaving the ship. The new immigration procedure at Galveston caught us off guard. It was nice to not have to stand in that long line just to present your customs declaration. I don't know if it actually got us off the ship any sooner. It was just nice to be able to eat breakfast and wait to be called off.

E

Erinm

Giles612 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Good idea.. we should call this, "The Erin Method"
> !
>
> Jason Giles
>
> Carnival Paradise 5/01
> Carnival Sensation 09/03
> Carnival Glory 01/05

Gee thanks Jason. I figure I lose EVERYTHING else, so it would be expected that I would lose my S&S card too!

E

excitedcruiser

About this gold sail and sign card. This will be my second cruise on Carnival. How many cruises does it take to get a gold card and what is the cause for a gold card? Any benefits on it?

S

Sweetpea29488

If I remember correctly (I read this in the Currents that just came out) That when you sail on 2 or more cruises with Carnival you will get a Gold S&S card. It'll be used for entry into the past guest cocktail party and will just let everyone know that you are a past guest. I don't think it gives you benefits but just shows that you have sailed with Carnival more than once.