Saturday, November 1st RAMBLE

Donna - dsw

Staff Captain
images

Good Morning Gang!

Boy has the weather changed in Northern Ohio. Cold, Windy, Rain and they say snow flurries are on the way. It is plain ugly. Jim spent 2 days on the yard cleaning up leaves and this am - it looks like he never touched it! There are a ton of leaves and they are still falling.

Nothing new here. I have been in this house for too long. We actually had friends call us at 9:00 last night wanting to know if we wanted to go out for a drink! lol I was ready to go to bed! lol So, needles to say we did not go!

Nathan made the honor roll. All A's and B's. Sometimes I wonder how they grade him as I know he is NOT 5th grade acceptable. But, I guess it is all good. He and his mama are very happy.

Going to Indianapolis next week to help out with my new grand baby twins. They are in the hospital til Sunday and I will go when they get home.

That is about it here. Hope you all have a great day!

JANPEP

Staff Captain
Community Sponsor
Good Morning Donna & @ddict friends
A Cold 24 when I got up this morning. No sun yet but they say its coming.
Donna your twin grandbabies are so cute, I am glad you are able to go spend some time with them. Don't they also have a boy about 2 or so. They will have their hands full.
No plans for the day yet.
Brian told me yesterday he was coming over today to make a meatloaf & baked potatoes.
He is also going to put the plastic on the windows.
Take care

popcorn

Staff Captain
Good morning. The washing machine is doing its Saturday work & I got the bed changed. Feels good to be doing things to move about as yesterday morning was spent getting my hair done & then I went to the dentist & spent 2 1/2 hours getting repair fillings.

gdd Sara is spending the day at the beach in Spain. She seems to have settled in. Where she lives the mother is very bossy & expects Sara to join in all the family celebrations but Sara would rather go to town with the friends that she has made. She is not allowed to do any thing in the kitchen.

Jan good that Brian is there to do things like putting on the plastic. Which reminds me we need to take the solar screens off the living room windows so that we can let any sun shine in & before the winds get up & shred them.

Have a good safe weekend.
Liz

maw

Wordsmith
Morning all. A crisp cool morning in the Ozarks.Had a few trick or theaters last night. Paw answered the door. Nothing going on here I see a nap in future. Going to go on Barnes and Nobel for some new books. Good health wishes all. Hugs

geejay

3rd Officer
Good morning. DH and I went out to dinner last night - we decided to go on our cruise the 24th, and then wait until late January for my appointment at the Mayo Clinic, unless my doctor can get one for late December or early January. I feel so tired and miserable all the time - wonder if the Remicade, methotrexate, and all of the other pills are not working together? I have 14 prescriptions plus vitamins. Did get some kind of drink that is supposed to help with the leg cramps that get me up so often at night. Old age sucks!

That is my Saturday whine! Have a great weekend and enjoy that extra hour to sleep tonight!

Gloria

KathyC

Staff Captain
Good morning gang. Sunny but cold here. I slept in this morning & didn't wake up til 9. Have been lazy so far but need to get moving soon.

Donna, between traveling & visiting the twins, I see a busy retirement for you.

Maw, glad to see you posting. Your little pink poodles are so cute.

Popcorn, I think it is wonderful that your gdd gets to visit different parts of the world at her age.

Jan, it is really nice that Brian comes to help you the way he does.

Jacquie, hope that both you & Leon start feeling better soon.

Nieciez, thinking about you & your family. Hope things calm down for you.

No plans for the weekend but do have to get groceries as the cupboards are bare and of course have the usual household chores to tackle.

That's about it from here. Enjoy your weekend.

nieciez

Staff Captain
Community Sponsor
Good afternoon Ramblers. Cloudy and a chilly 48 degrees here at the lake and it is very damp out though no rain right now....been a real lazy morning.

Only had 3 knocks at the door for trick or treat last night...one kid each time. I am sure Jacob is happy with the big bowl of candy we still have...now to keep Leatherneck out of it! DD Jen, Nate and the kids were here yesterday and we made hotdogs, baked beans and mac'n cheese for the kids before they went out trick or treating. They all made a great haul in candy.

Leatherneck ran to town for a few things this morning and now he has Jacob out cleaning up the yard where he has left some soda bottles and trash around the picnic table in the yard. Wanted him to run the lawn mower over the leaves but it might be too damp to do that today.

My niece Kim called today and she and her family will come over this afternoon about 4 p.m. and they will make us dinner...what a nice surprise :)

Not much else to report....we are just haning in there. Hope you all have a great day.

connie seabee

Staff Captain
Community Sponsor
Good afternoon Donna and Ramblers

Yesterday was a miserable day for trick or treaters. We had high winds, rain, and light snow. It was cold. We only got a few trick or treaters, so we now have a big bowl of candy sitting here.

Grandkids and the neigborhood kids didn't let the cold weather stop them from going door to door collecting candy. lol
My neice came by with her little guy Matthew. I gave him a special bag with cookies and candy that I had made up especally for him.
DD Gina was here hoping to pass out candy. Oh well she ended up visiting and having dinner with us.

Donna, I bet you can't wait to see those precious litttle ones. What happened with Jim and his brother finding a NH for mil??

Nieciez, when will you find out if Bill can get the pump? Hopefully, no matter what he will never have any more of those spells.

Jan, It's so nice that Brian is there to help you with things that need to be done around the house. Can't forget about those delicious meals he makes for you. You raised a good son.

Geejay, Do any of the medications mention leg cramps as side effect? I sure hope they find what is causing it and fix the problem.

JacquieP

Staff Captain
Good news, I think! Leon gets to come home Tuesday, not because he's doing lots better, but because there is minimal improvement. I'm very upset with the facility, because I feel that if they are unwilling or unable to carry out a physicians orders for any reason, then they don't need to call themselves a rehab facility. They have done nothing the doc prescribed, but the real upset was that they had removed his elastic stocking and never put it back on, so his left calf is just as swollen as the leg with the incision. Lymphatic fluid is coming out his pores and he has a blister the size of a hen's egg (honest!) below his knee. Angry? You'd better believe it! Oh, yes, I do write letters and believe me, I will!! At least when I get him home, I can do all the therapy that was ordered, and we will also have a visiting nurse/therapist. Sorry to rant, but I don't want anymore patients referred there with the expectation that their loved one will get better. Looks like I'll be making some phone calls Monday morning!