shore excursions in Cork, Dublin, Greenock, Bergen, Geiranger and Olden

G

Gilles

Hi,

I'll be in these ports in July . Just want to know what shore excursions can be recommended and if we can do some excursions on our own.

Who can give me some informations and/or advices.

Thanks,
Gilles

G

gwooten

Gilles.
We were on the Constellation last summer and enjoyed the overland excursion from Geiranger to Hellsyth. The sightseeing was breathtaking.
Olden is a small village that you can walk around and see in an hour or two so I would recommend a shore excursion since we saw no taxis, only a helicopter excursion offered in town. We took the excursion to Edvard Grieg's house in Bergen and spent the afternoon on our own shopping and traveling up the funicular. Bergen can be easily done on your own if you wish. We enjoyed the Norwegian ports so much we are returning for the July 19th British Isles/Fjords Constellation cruise. Can't give any info on British ports. You will love the friendly people and scenery in Norway.
Greg

N

nancyh

Dear Greg,

We are also booked on the July 19 sailing of the Constellation. I was curious as to whether there is much walking involved during the Geiranger to Hellesylt overland excursion? We will be traveling with my parents who are in their seventies and our children who are 7 and 9. Do you think this excursion would be appropriate for children?

Also, I would be interested in hearing from others who have done the British Isles and Norwegian fjords itinerary in terms of recommended shore excursions. Does Celebrity do a nice job with shore excursions, and are there ones to avoid?.

Thanks,

Nancy