Simon's surgery update and photos

C

conniecat

[size=x-large]Poor little baby. I had to lock him up last night at 11:45 with no food or water. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to catch him this morning so I put him in the spare bedroom. He was there all by himself with no food or water all night. Then, bright and early this morning I caught him and shoved him in the carrier. It is a half hour drive to the vet. He was scared, and kept sticking his paw out to me. I put my finger in the carrier, and he laid his head on it. Hard to drive with tears in your eyes.

But--they said the surgery went well, and when I talked to them about 2PM, he was just waking up. I can pick him up tomorrow morning. I am sure he will not be happy, after all both ends are hurting. I feel guilty for this, but it had to be done for his own good.

I think Maxie and Scooter miss him. I am sure he misses them.

Any way, here are some photos of him playing with his "fishing pole" last night.[/size]

[size=x-large]Then they all decided to take naps. Simon can sleep anywhere, he tried a few places but he missed the big guys and ended up with them.[/size]

B

Beryl

Poor little pussy cat...he's had a hard day and will be glad to be home with you tomorrow! In the long run all this will lead to a better life for him!

How I enjoy these photos Connie! They never fail to bring a smile to my face. Thank you for sharing your furbabies!

C

conniecat

Thanks, I am glad you enjoy them because I love taking and sharing them. He is so cute, I follow him around with the camera. He seems to like it. Scooter hates the camera, especially the flash, so I have to sneak up on him. Maxie is too laid back to care.

The little guy has had such a hard life, and they agreed with me that if I hadn't caught him and gotten him on antibiotics he could have died from that infection. Hoping he will be fat and happy as the other two in the future.

J

JacquieP

It's REALLY nice of you to have a chair just for the kids! Simon, repeat after me - "I am NOT a spoiled kitty", I am NOT a spoiled kitty... How soon they learn! I know he will be thrilled to be home where he belongs.

L

lady-bug

He is such an adorable little furball. I'm glad the surgery went well and that he'll be back at home tomorrow. Soon, he will forget his mini nightmare and get back to what he does best....playing and being totally cute.

K

kpopperwell

Simon is doing very well under your care. He has filled out nicely. He'l quickly forget his night away and be happy to be home. Look forward to more pictures.

S

ShipMaven

It's great that little Simon is training all three of you so well (coming from someone who knows how to be trained!).

I'm glad that surgery went well for the little guy, and I'll look forward to a report tomorrow after you bring him home.

Scritches from Auntie Mary Ann and woofs from Cousin Pucci!

L

Lisa

Thanks for the update, Connie! Simon does look like he's filled out and much more happy!

N

nieciez

He is such a sweetie and I am so glad to hear the surgery went well. I know he will be happy to see you today.

B

BostonsJ

Thanks for the update Connie. It is so hard taking them to the Vet. I'm sure when you bring him home today he will forgive you.

R

rooy

He is soooooooooooooooooooooooo A-D-O-R-A-B-I-B-B-L-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'll have to take some pics of my four feline children. They make my day- everyday.

B

bostongal

OMG Those eyes! He is a beauty! Hope he is not too peeved about the surgery and is home soon!

Meg

T

Tobyn

As usual, FANTABULOUS photos Connie. I love the third one where Simon is "waving" at the camera! :lol

W

Wuollebear

You are a very special lady. I can't believe you were able to take in a stray like that and make him feel so incredibly at ease especially having 2 other cats. I always thought cats didn't take so well to other strange kitty's but they seem like they've been together forever! I love your daily pics.