So, When will we see this $800-$1600 from Bush?

R

r8derfan

We've heard that it will be $800 for singles and $1600 for married couples. I'm just wondering we'll see it?

N

nieciez

I sure hope so....I heard they want to distribute it FAST once it's approved!

E

ewheelock

I just heard about that also. It still has to be figured out in Congress so who knows when it will happen - if ever. I would either buy a new tv with it or use it for my August cruise!

What will you do with the money?

I

iluvcruzin

Unfortunately, this is just another thing with a constraint to it - like low income tax breaks. Those over $85K will not be eligible. There is allways some stupid condition. (td)

C

cjbee

I knew I heard that figure somewhere. Is that 85K per person or for a married couple. I am not going to be a happy camper if it is the latter.:X
CJ

G

GloBug

I'll NEVER see it. But, I heard he wanted something on his desk in time for the President's Day break...which is Feb. 18th.

S

shadoesmom

I read $85K income for singles - $115K for married couples.

We're thinking Vegas! :)

N

NiteStar

I wish I could say I wasn't eligible........which of course would mean I made 85K or more! But believe me...that's not the case! I make less than half of that a year! So if and when I get $800, it will go toward a cruise!

S

S&M in Pgh

Do not expect to see it much before Mid June. Even if it is approved tomorrow (fat chance since everyone n Congress wants to put their special little stamp of approval and condition on it). The head of the Treasury said it would be early summer. The fact that it will take over 5 months is proof once again that the government has little to no idea how to run efficiently. How hard can it be to run a list of all the people in the U.S. who file a tax return (notice I did not say tax PAYERS) with their addresses and then print and mail them a check. If a private company was given that job and was to be paid on how fast and how accurate they did the job, I am willing to bet we would have the checks before the end of February.

Ok, getting off my soap box.

Mike

P.S. Love the spell check John. Thanks

D

Donna - dsw

Would be nice - no matter when it gets here. I can always find something to buy! lol

K

Knotbored

Isn't it curious that nearly all of us will be spending that money on either foreign items or banking it, neither of which seem to me to be a great help if it's supposed to delay a recession.
I wouldn't object to some sort of "credit" that could only apply to USA manufactured goods.
comments?

(by the way I am poor (but not desperate) and retired, so 1. I can use the money and 2. I won't get any direct benefit wherever it is spent)

C

Cricket

Why do they think this is going to help all of America? Lowering the stupid taxes will help everyone, not a particular group. BTW.... From what i heard most middle and upper middle class people will not benefit by this give away. In fact don't you understand that in the long run we...the middle /upper class will be paying for all this giveaway??

R

r8derfan

Well I don't know how many of us here make over $85K a year each, $115K for couples. I can say my hubby and I are safe in getting a refund. :lol

N

NiteStar

I'm with you r8derfan! If I made $85K or more a year, I probably wouldn't need $800! :lol