So, When will we see this $800-$1600 from Bush?

N

NiteStar

Well, I heard on the news this morning that it would NOT be the $800 initially announced, but more like $300.

R

r8derfan

BIG BUMMER!!! Well that will help with Rat food I guess. At least Gunther will be eating high on the hog :lol

I

iluvcruzin

They said it was going to be between $300-800 from the get-go. As far as lowering taxes, that's not really releated to what they are trying to do. It's about GNP and economics. If consumer spending increases, the thought is it will stimulate the economy out of a recession. Lowering taxes won't trigger an increase in spending. I agree that I would imagine most people would not use the refund for the intent it was set up for. Paying bills and spending it on foreign company products defeats the purpose. As far as limiting the earnings base on this refund, the cost of living and salaries vary across the country. $85K salary for a specific job in one part of the country may equate to $45K in another. To be fair it should include demographics as part of the equation. Of course, it's the government making the decisions so we can't really expect a logical reasoning behind this. I just think it should include all regardless of earned wages.